90 ❆ The Nightmares

Start from the beginning

Shinhyun continued, "The Onee is dormant inside of Yoongi, yes, but the Phoenix is well aware that Yoongi is the vessel for it's balance; meaning it wants to be around Yoongi, which is why Hoseok is so hellbent on being around him. You keeping them apart gives room for the Phoenix to lash out, get angry, violent, which is all expressed throught the vessel; in your case, Hoseok."

SeokJin ran his hands through his hair, Fera groaning from frustration. They thought they were doing the right thing by keeping them apart, turns out that wasn't the case.

"Fera, SeokJin," Shinhyun called out softly, grabbing both their hands, "this is difficult, I know. You two did do the right thing when it came to keeping them from having sex, you know how Yoongi feels a burn?" they nodded, "it's the phoenix trying to awaken the Onee."

They furrowed their eyebrows, "Doesn't the vessel need to die to do that?" Fera inquired, her eyes now widening when she figured what her mother meant, "is the phoenix burning Yoongi from the inside to kill him?!"

Shinhyun slowly nodded with a solemn expression, Jin's heart dropping to his stomach.

The phoenix was trying to kill Yoongi so it'd push them to bring him back, the natural way, which would wake up the OneeOnia inside of him.

What the fuck.

"Keeping them from having sex is the best thing you can do, since it's the only way the Phoenix can really burn him on the inside. But they can kiss, that's about it. Hoseok is the only thing keeping the phoenix from getting what it wants-"

"Why would the Phoenix want to kill the vessel?!" Fera yelled, angry, not at her mother, but at the situation, "What's the point?"

"Fera, relax," her mother advised before answering, "It doesn't want Yoongi dead permanently, that's the last thing it wants, it just wants to wake up the Onee, because the phoenix knows how erratic it can get without it's balance. It's actually trying to protect itself along with everyone around it's vessel; it's an extremely intelligent creature."

SeokJin sighed, banging his head on the table a couple times as he processed everything. Fera just running her hands through her hair over and over again to try and calm herself down and keep her hair from catching fire.

"When Hoseok was little," SeokJin began, staring at the sandwich Shinhyun just placed in front of him and not at said woman, "he saved my life by killing this man who kidnapped me for my whisp. I remember when he burned the man, his eyes were that same red with the orange wings, but the phoenix wasn't awake so how did he do it?" he inquired, finally looking at Shinhyun.

She hummed, drinking her lemonade and clearing her throat before talking, "The Phoenix was inside of Hoseok at the time and yes, you're right, it wasn't awake, but it will appear to protect it's vessel in times of distress. It doesn't have to be awake to do it and the vessel doesn't need to know that it has the phoenix inside of it, it just happens, I don't really know why." SeokJin nodded, thankfully he could understand that without getting a headache, "it's the same thing with the Onee, it will protect it's vessel even if it's not awake."

"Will it protect itself against the Phoenix?" Fera asked, taking a bite of her food after.

Shinhyun nodded.

"How?"

Shinhyun shrugged, "Different ways. For example since it's awake inside of Hoseok, it will come out more often. If the Onee Vessel, Yoongi, is around Hoseok when he's angry or about to lash out, it will lower the temperature to below freezing and close to a practically deadly temperature, something only the Onee can do. By doing this, it puts the phoenix to sleep inside of the vessel temporarily, but causes the vessel to pass out from the cold."

"And Yoongi wouldn't know he's doing this?"

Shinhyun shook her head.

After finishing their food, Fera asked, "How can he learn how to control it? Can we... wake up the Onee?"

Shinhyun paused in washing the dishes, Jin walking over as she explained it, "To answer your first question, he'd need a witch, since they know way more about it. And second, it's very, very, dangerous to wake up the Onee, because sometimes it doesn't work and you need to be quick about bringing the vessel back. The Phoenix is a creature of anger and passion, but the Onee is a creature of distress and standards." this caused Fera to nod while staring down.

"Mrs-" Shinhyun gave Jin a playful glare, "Shinhyun," he corrected with a smile, Shinhyun smiling back at him, "how do you know all this? About the Onee and Phoenix."

"I'm way older than you, SeokJin, and when I was young they taught it to us. They taught us about the Phoenix more than the Onee, since it was apart of our history, I grew up in Alight," she said, Jin's eyes lighting up.

"I did too! Why'd they stop teaching it?"

"I wouldn't be able to tell you," she gave her daughter, who was now outback feeding Milo and Sterling, a loving stare, "I moved to Tejomaya when I met her father, haven't regretted it."

SeokJin smiled at that, helping Shinhyun clean before going to pack his stuff.

He was glad this trip was useful, it gave them more answers than they knew what to do with.

Around evening is when they got ready to leave, needing to get back to the academy urgently, Jin watching as Fera and Lydia hugged.

"Promise to visit more often!" Lydia exclaimed while sticking her pinky out, a pout on her pink lips as she stared at Fera.

Fera smiled, interlocking their pinkies, "I promise."

SeokJin learned that Fera has known Lydia since she was an infant, she babysat her a lot since they were neighbors, and Lydia has become a younger sister to her because of it. They were really close, and it's one of the biggest things Fera misses about home, seeing Lydia and her parents whenever she pleased.

After their farewell, Lydia hugging Jin and said bye to him as well, Fera and him set off back towards the academy.

Both of them hoping nothing bad happened while they were away.

a/n
REMEMBER TO ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU'RE CONFUSED!! It will make A LOT more sense in the future

TRIPLE UPDATE