《86》

Peaceful days is what you'd describe the past few days being with the demon slayers. They were a delight to be with, they help around the house and they help you cook. They even give you flowers that end up disappearing the next day for some weird reason.

And today came someone you're very familiar with.

"Inosuke!! Welcome!!" You cheered as you hugged the boy and Shiro jumped on him immediately. "I haven't seen you in a long time, have you been good?"

"I'm the best." He said confidently, holding Shiro to keep him from falling. "Hello mama. I'm here." He said in a completely serious tone. "Where's my husband, I'm gonna show him who's the best."

"Your who now?" You asked, taking Shiro from him.

"Husband. You said that the old man is a husband." He answered, walking past in and looking around the house. You followed him, trying to make it clear what a husband actually is.

But he didn't listen and you three ended up in the backyard where Sanemi and the others have been training since early morning.

"Husband! I challenge you!!" Inosuke exclaimed, pointing to Sanemi. His claim took everyone by surprise as they all froze and glanced at him in confusion. [*surprised pikachu face*]

"Who's your husband?" Sanemi asked, placing the wooden sword on his shoulder, glaring at Inosuke. You began to panic, fearing the outcome of this.

"You. (Y/N) said that you're a husband." The other demon slayers snorted and held a laugh, scared of being killed by the hashira.

"U-uh, Inosuke, I don't you understand what I'm-"

"FIGHT ME!! AARRRHHGG!!" Inosuke didn't listen and advance at Sanemi, you gasped in horror while the others all ran off in fear for their lies.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

The fight didn't end nicely. You couldn't even call it a fight, Inosuke got thrown off outside. And this was against a real sword and a wooden one. After you treated the poor Inosuke, you and Shiro turned to the kitchen to prepare the food.

Now that there were more people in the house, eating has never been more enjoyable. It's not like it was bad before, it's just that... Koichi not being there is something that you were not very fond of.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Everyone, lunch!" You announced as you carried a bunch of towels with you, even Shiro was holding them and helping out. You made your way to Sanemi, giving him a smile and wiping his sweat. "You worked hard. You need to rest too."

"Thanks... but I don't have a lot of time to rest..." He muttered, taking the towel from you and taking your hand instead. "Let's go, you made lunch, so let me enjoy it."

"Okay!"

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Nearly a month ago, right after the hashira meeting.

"(L/N)-sama, Oyakata-sama asked for you." Amane said right before she left, making everyone curious. Koichi nodded. He bid goodbye to the hashiras and followed Amane and her children.

When Koichi arrived at Kagaya's room, Amane and the others left to leave him and the leader alone.

"Oyakata-sama, you wanted to see me?" Koichi asked from the other side.

"Yes, come in, Koichi." He heard from the other side. Koichi entered the room, giving his greetings to the leader and sitting beside his bed. "I'm sorry that I can't get up and greet you, child."

"Ah, no, it's alright, Oyakata-sama. You should rest and recover." Koichi said. But deep down, he knew that this would be the last of their leader...

"Koichi, I'm going to die soon." Kagaya said in a soft tone, not afraid of his coming death. "I see a burning for me, but I see a happy future in exchange for that-" Kagaya began to cough, making Koichi panic but he was just told to stay put. "Koichi, I have a task for you. If you are willing to..."

"Of course! I'll do what I can!"

"This mission... is very dangerous..." Kagaya felt his heart clench at what he was about to say. He didn't want to have Koichi do this, he didn't want someone so young to do something this dangerous. But he knew this was the only way he could help him in his problems. "It would take you a long time. You won't see your family for a long time."

"I..." Koichi paused, not feeling up to the challenge. But... Kagaya asked him specifically. He couldn't let him down. He already let down someone... "I'll do it. Please tell me, Oyakata-sama."

"I want you to lead Muzan to me."

'What?!' Koichi's eyes widened in both horror and surprise. They were talking about the strongest demon to ever walk the earth and the father of all those things. Someone who's never shown his face other than to Tanjiro. "I can't possibly-"

"It'll be fine. It will be okay, Koichi." He said softly, calming the young boy. "He'll be using everything in his hands to look for me and Nezuko. I want you to be the bridge to his end."

"But... that means that I'll be putting you in danger..." Koichi clenched his fists, biting the inside of his cheeks to keep himself from crying. "I already... I already did that to my sister... I couldn't even help her..."

"If you can get Muzan here, it will lead to his demise and everyone can have a peaceful future." Kagaya added, raising his hand and placing it on Koichi's.

Koichi felt warm. He felt the same thing whenever he was with his family. The warmth and love that they give off. Everything about his family was precious to him.

"I'll do it."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Koichi sighed as he sat down in front of the tea shop, taking a break and resting for the day to continue his mission later on. Just as he was relaxing, his crow came back to him.

"How are they?" He asked, letting it land on his arm. He's been sending his crow to check up on things back home. So even if he's not there, he knows what's going on.

"They're great! That Inosuke got thrown out!" The crow laughed, telling stories of what he saw today. "Ah, (Y/N)-sama gave me corn!"

"Well ain't that nice." He pouted, playing with the crow's wings. "Here I am eating so little while there you are eating like a king."

"...She misses you, you know." The crow said seriously, flapping his wings to get rid of Koichi, he doesn't like it when people play with his wings. It takes time to groom them. "She tried to cook me once."

"I can't go just yet..." Koichi's eyes fell as he remembered the day in the village. "I let my sister down... I couldn't protect her..." The crow scoffed and flew on his head and began to peck his head in pure, raw anger. "OW!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?"

"Hmph, your being stupid!" The crow exclaimed angrily and continued to peck on the kid. "It's now or never kid!"

"Sorry... I just can't face her right now..."