《47》

I'm surprised none of you noticed it. I already revealed Shiro's name a looooong time ago ;)

[It was literally slapped on your faces. I was surprised when K1 told me to let the name reveal be.]

~•~•~•~

"Little Shiro, you're so cute~" You whispered, holding the sleeping baby close to you.

It's been a month since you've given birth and life has been pretty good for you. In just two more months, Koichi would be taking the exams and he's been training a lot. You wondered if he really needed to train more if he's already going toe to toe with Sanemi. Using real swords.

"Come on! Is that all you got, noodle arms!?" Sanemi taunted as he and Koichi spar in the backyard. You were watching from the engawa, watching their training.

After giving birth to your son, the Hashiras came to visit, wanting to meet the little baby. They were all so excited to meet him. Some of them made a few bets, apparently. And those who got the gender right got to hold the baby first.

Uzui was weeping when he finally held Shiro, saying it was unfair that he was the last one to hold his best bud's child. Let's just say that Uzui nearly got a beating when he tried to throw Shiro in the air. Sanemi had to hold you back.

"Message! I have a message!" You gasped, looking to the side to see a crow and you immediately silenced the crow since Shiro just fell asleep. "Forgive me!" The crow whispered. He walked closer to you, giving you its leg as you took the letter. "May I see your baby?" You nodded and the crow flew to your shoulders. "Ah, cute~"

"Thank you for the letter, as usual." You said, the crow flying out of your shoulder and hovering in the air. "Please tell Kanae and the others to take care of me." The crow nodded as it flew away.

You set Shiro down on the little bed that you had prepared and made sure that there were borders beside him. After making sure that he won't wake up, you read through the contents of the letter.

"Dear (Y/N)-chan,

Shinobu-chan and I will be going on a mission that might take us a long time. Oyakata-sama had told us that this mission might be dangerous. A lot of girls have been disappearing in that area and all the demon slayers that were sent there all never returned.

But I'll be sure to be brave and help everyone! Even if I'm scared! I know that demons didn't mean to do those that they do. They were once human as well.

(Y/N)-chan, if I come back, would you like to have another picnic with me and the girls?

They said that they missed you a lot already. We can invite the other hashiras if they're not busy, although I can't guarantee that they'll come. But I'm sure Mitsuri will be coming, she's always been the type to always come to these things!

Stay healthy! Be sure to eat healthy and avoid food that could affect your health! After I come back I can make you feast! It'll be the best you'll ever taste!

Your friend,

Kanae"

As you finished reading the letter, you couldn't help but feel dread and fear. 'No! I shouldn't think about things like these! Kanae is a strong girl! She can do this!' You encourage yourself. You have seen her in action during the times she would come here. She tested Koichi's abilities one time and you saw how amazing she was as a swordswoman.

"Right... I still need to make lunch..." You lightly pinched your cheeks, taking Shrio from the ground and you were about to stand up but someone took Shiro from you. "Sanemi? Are you done training?"

He nodded, sitting next to you. "I'll take care of Shiro if you're going to cook."

You heave a sigh of relief. It was really hard to cook while taking care of a baby since Sanemi would be either training Koichi or out on a job. "Thanks, Sanemi!"

You were about to leave when you were suddenly pulled down, Sanemi's lips immediately crashing down to yours. One hand holding you close and the other holding Shiro.

"There." Sanemi smriked when he saw your flustered face. "What? Gonna complain?"

"N-no!" You exclaimed, but immediately covered your mouth since Shiro was sleeping. "I-I-I'll go make b-b-breakfast!"

You scurried off, Sanemi laughing at how flustered you got. "Your mother is too..." You paused, seeing Shiro staring at him with wide eyes. "You should be sleeping. Go to sleep."

Shiro made grumbling noises, as if telling Sanemi no.

"You need to sleep." Sanemi repeated, Koichi besides him to observe his nephew. "Sleep, Shiro." Shiro didn't sleep, he just made blabbering noises.

"Nee-chan said that Shiro should be sleeping at this time." Koichi said, sitting beside Sanemi.

"I know." Sanemi sighed, lightly rocking the baby in his arms. "There, there. This should make him sleepy." Koichi nodded as he watched Sanemi try to put Shiro to sleep.

"Ooohh..." Shiro cooed, making Sanemi stop his rocking. "Ehh... ooaah..."

"You need to sleep." Sanemi repeated sternly. Immediately regretting when he saw Shiro pout. When Shiro pouted, it meant...

"UUUWAAAH!!!" Shiro cried as the two boys panicked. Sanemi immediately stood up, trying to calm down his crying son.

'Why does he cry when it's me?!' Sanemi thought to himself. He felt dead on the inside. Whenever you held Shiro he was so calm and peaceful, but when it came to him, he trashes around and cries until he fell asleep. 'Love me, child!'

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Sanemi's after work routine was simple. Go home, get changed and sleep. Easy peasy. It's something so easy that even a child could do it. But, the last part was pretty hard to do right now.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked, resting his face on his hands as he squinted his eyes at his son that was staring at him since he got in bed. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Oohh..." Shiro cooed, still staring at Sanemi.

"Excuse me, mister, what you're staring at is your face. Don't complain." He said, poking Shiro's cheek, who didn't even look bothered by it. "Sleep. You're going to wake up your mom."

"Hmmm...." Shiro hummed, closing his eyes, making Sanemi sigh in relief as he laid on the futon, dragging the blanket to cover himself. "Uh... ahh... Uuuuhhh..."

'Oh no.' Sanemi immediately sat up, taking Shiro with him. "Shh... papa's here. Papa's here..." Shiro's whimpering quieted down, as he closed his eyes. Sanemi sighed, finally seeing his son calm down. '... I'm here... Your father...'

You slowly opened your eyes, hearing Shiro just a few seconds ago awakened your mommy senses. You were about to calm him down when you saw Sanemi already taking care of Shiro.

A smile graced your face, your hand holding into Sanemi and intertwining them. Sanemi turned to face you with a smile, seeing you smile made him smile.

You wouldn't trade this for the world. A life with your husband and son. Filled with smiles and happiness. [WHY DO I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE PLANNING SOMETHING!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?]

How cruel the world is. 

[fUCK YOU.]

》A.N《
With how the manga went, I am rethinking the whole fucking ending of the book.

[And also there's a new arc coming along.]

So I'm fucked.