《9》

A few days have passed and Sanemi still didn't know what was wrong with you, whenever he went close to you to ask, you would run away. 'Honestly. What the hell is she thinking about!' He was getting irritated.

Today just so happens to be one of your days off from work. It was an irritating day, not just for some big shot hashira but to you as well. It was the start of summer. It was getting hotter by the second.

You were by the engawa, sitting still, trying to make you sure you moved as little as possible. On your hand was a cold drink. On your feet was a basin with cold water, you were trying to cool off. 'I need something cool to eat...'

"Oi." You didn't turn around, it was too hot to move. "Are you listening to me."

"Just sit down, please." You mumbled. "It's too hot to move..." A sigh escaped the person's lips and he sat down beside you. You turn to face them. "Oh, Sanemi? Hello, how was training? Where's Koichi?" You gave him a forced smile.

"Hey. What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked, his arms crossed. "You've been acting like someone... just..." He paused, his eyes trailing at your exposed legs on the cold water. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?!?" He screamed, suddenly getting up and moving away from you, his face was tinted red.

"What do you mean?" You asked innocently. He let out incoherent sounds and he pointed to your legs. Only then you realized that, indeed, your yukata was pushed up to your thighs, leaving little to the imagination. Heat began to crawl to your face.

"COVER YOUR DAMN LEGS WOMAN!!" He screamed trying to look away from the sight. You, on the other hand, was too shocked and couldn't move due to the embarrassment. He clicked his tongue and took off his haori, placing it on you. "Do I have to do everything myself?"

You fiddled with your fingers as he sat down next to you. Your face was flushed while his ears were tinted pink. "U-um... Sanemi... thanks for lending your haori to me..."

"Tch. Watch what you're doing next time." He said. "Answer my question from before." Silence. You looked down, staring at the sun's reflection on the basin as you fiddled with Sanemi's white haori. "Are you going to talk or what?"

You opened your mouth to speak but no words came out. It was silent once again, Sanemi could not take the silence and he glanced down at you, only to be surprised.

Tears were falling down your face and falling at his haori. 'Man what a crybaby she is...' He thought. But, seeing you cry in front of him tugged on some heartstrings. (does he even have one? or..)

"What are you crying for?" He asked, cupping your face to face him. "You better tell me why you're crying or I will make you sleep outside." His threats seemed to have taken effect. A bad one as you began to cry full on, startling him. 'Now what!?'

"What the hell do you think your doing, making girls cry?" A new voice joined the chat. You looked behind you to see a familiar face. The same girl who helped you recover during your stay in the Butterfly Estate.

"Shinobu-chan!" You cheered, managing to get out of Sanemi's grip. "Nice to meet you again!" You waved and told her to come closer, as she does, you gave her a hug.

She didn't say anything and just coughed awkwardly and hugged back. Glaring at Sanemi as she does.

"Oh~ I didn't know Shinobu can be like this." Another voice chimed. You looked back to see a beautiful girl with long hair and two pink butterfly hairpins on her hair. She had light purple eyes and was wearing the demon slayer uniform and a butterfly styled haori.

You were dumbstruck as you stared at her. She gave you a little wave, and you gave her a smile in return. "Nice to meet you, (L/N)-san. I'm Kocho Kanae, Shinobu's older sister."