《59》

IM BACK!!!

(I completely forgot to publish this, forgive me-)

~•~•~•~

Zenitsu Agatsuma. He's a very normal boy. A very very very normal boy, according to him. All he wants in life is find a wife and live peacefully and have kids and grow old. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a peaceful life.

"Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm (Y/N)!" You greeted the three boys in the room with a bright smile. "I heard that you were from the same selection as Kanao so I wanted to meet you all! I hope you're all feeling better now! I'll be sure to take care of you three during your stay!"

Such a beautiful sight. It felt like Zenitsu's world just opened up to a whole other universe. This was his chance. He took a deep breath, immediately taking your hands in his.

"PLEASE MARRY ME!!!" He exclaimed, steam coming out of his ears and his face was red. He kept muttering some things that you couldn't catch up on because of this sudden proposal of the boy. "I swear to always feed you and give you a roof under your head! I'll always give you lots of infections and never look at any-"

"STOP IT!" Tanjiro exclaimed, pushing Zenitsu away from you and standing in front of you in a protective stance. "Stop asking every girl you meet to marry you! You're scaring (Y/N)-san!"

The two of them then began to argue, the guy with the boar head just grunted and covered his 'ears' with a pillow. You really couldn't see him with the two in front of you.

"I feel flattered by your proposal, Zenistu." You said with a smile, stopping them from arguing. Zenitsu looked so joyful that you were almost feeling bad about what you were about to do. "But I'm already married!"

Zenitsu gasped, holding into his chest as he dramatically and slowly fell on the bed. Tanjiro looked sorry for him while the other guy was laughing. But you really did feel bad for what you did.

"I-I'm sorry..." You said, feeling really bad seeing Zenitu's face drain of color. "I didn't mean to. But I really am married." You took out your necklace where you placed the ring Sanemi used to propose to you with. He got tips from Mitsuri on how to propose.

"Oh, it's alright!" Tanjiro cheered, giving you a radiant smile that melted all of your worries away. "Zenitsu is usually like this! But don't worry! I'll be sure to keep him in check during our stay! I'm Tanjiro by the way! The one with the mask is Inosuke."

You paused for a second, your eyes glued on Tanjiro's earrings. You didn't know why, but looking at it made you feel... scared. Fear. Nostalgia. And...

"(Y/N)-san?" Tanjiro broke you out of your thought.

"O-oh, sorry about that." You chuckled nervously. "Nice to meet you two. I heard that you guys were also from the Natagumo Mountain mission. Are you okay?" You asked, feeling pity for the thing these young kids saw that night. "Please tell me if you're feeling any discomfort. I'm here to help you."

The three boys' breath hitched. They felt light and fluffy inside. Like they were just sent in a field of flowers. It was such a calming and concerned voice. Just like the voice of a loving and caring mother.

"Are you guys okay-!?" You gasped as Zenitsu started to bawl like a baby, and you, being the mother that you are, comforted him and gave him a hug. "Are you okay?! Does it hurt somewhere?! Do you need medical attention!?"

The boy didn't say anything and just kept crying. Tanjiro had to jump in and claw Zenitsu away from you, telling him that you had a husband. Inosuke just sat quietly, observing you, little fluffy balls forming besides him.

You chatted with them for an hour or two. It was fun talking to them. They told you how they met and a few stories of their own solo adventures. But after talking to them for so long, you need to tend to your job and look after the other ones who are injured.

Saying goodbye was hard, for Zenitsu. He cried and said he wanted to be with you more, already missing the calm beat of your heart. But thanks to the two boys, you were set free.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

You yawned, sitting up properly in your chair. You looked outside the window of your office to see that it was already nighttime. You walked over to the couch to see Koichi holding onto Shiro, the two of them sleeping soundly.

"This won't do. We need to sleep properly..." You sighed, shaking Koichi awake. "Koichi," You whispered, making sure to not wake up Shiro. "Koichi. Wake up."

"Huh..." Koichi slowly woke up, looking up to face you. His vision was still blurry. "Ah, nee-chan. What's wrong?"

"Let's go to bed. Sleeping on the couch is not good for you." You said, taking Shiro off of him and carrying him, making sure that he was still asleep. "Let's go. Sanemi and the others would be coming back after their meeting in afew hours."

Koichi nodded, following you out of the room and making your way to the guest rooms. You usually slept here whenever they had meetings that took long. Sanemi did not allow you to leave at night.

Not long after, you two part ways to your respective rooms.

You set Shiro on the bed, tucking him in. You changed out of your uniform and hung it neatly, you still had a job in the morning. After changing, you laid down besides Shiro, cuddling with him.

"Good night, baby..." You whispered, giving him a kiss on his head and closing your eyes.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Hmph..." Shiro woke up in a bad mood. It was already morning yet he was still in bed. Usually, he would go out and play with the others. But today didn't seem like the day.

He was squished in between you and Sanemi.

He wanted to go play and he wanted to go now.

He was shaking you awake but it was not working. You were dead tired from all the work you've had since the other day. The casualties in Natagumo mountain were more than you expected.

He also tried to wake up Sanemi, only to fail. He too was tired.

During times like these, Shiro only had one choice.

He took a deep breath, preparing himself for the caos he's about to prepare.

"WAAAHH!!!" He cried, wailing his arms, hitting you and Sanemi awake. "AAAAAHHH!!! MAMAAAAA!!! PAPAAAA!!!"

"What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" You asked frantically, still half asleep but even if the world was ending, if your son wanted something you would give it to him.

"It's so early! Why are you crying?!" Sanemi exclaimed, covering his ears. The crying continued on, leaving him no choice but to pick him up and calm him down. "There there. No more crying."

"Shiro, what's wrong?" You asked, patting his head and wiping his tears away. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Shiro stopped crying and wiped his tears away. "Shiro wanted to play."

"What?" Sanemi asked in an empty tone.

"Shiro wanted to play. But mama and papa were squishing me." He replied with an angry tone, even crossing his arms.

A heavy silence fell in the room as Sanemi and Shiro had a staring contest.

"I HEARD SHIRO CRY!" The door burst open, startling you three inside and you all snapped your heads to the door to see Muichiro standing there, still in his pajamas.

"Uncle!" Shiro beamed seeing his uncle. "Shiro wants to play! Let's go play!"

Sanemi sighed, taking Shiro and handing him to Muichiro and slamming the door behind him, going back to bed with you and immediately going back to sleep.

Muichiro cocked his head when the door suddenly slammed in his face. But he didn't care. He had Shiro. He was here for him after all. Although it would've been better if you were also there.

"Let's go play before Koichi wakes up." He said, immediately running back to his room and changing in a matter of seconds.

"Yay!"