Movie Night

The girls broke apart from their group hug and went into the living room with the guys following them. They all sat around to catch up.
Mack- It's so great to see you again too Cailee.
Addie- Yeah we've been good. How have you been?
Cailee- I've been good too.
Addie- Awesome.
Cash nudged Addison as if to tell her to ask Cailee about what was discussed earlier.
Addie- Oh Cailee, I wanted to talk to you about something.
Cailee- Of course! What is it?
Addie- Well, back when we were friends, we were super close. Then when you went to that convention and got famous, we didn't hear much from you and then we all moved and completely lost contact. I know it's my fault just as much, but I couldn't help but feel like you forgot about us when you became famous.
Cailee looked at the girls with sympathy in her eyes and hugged Addison.
Cailee- I'm so sorry. I never meant to do that to you girls. I admit I was hanging out more with others because I got famous, but I never intended to hurt you guys.
Mack- I agree and we know all of us moving had something to do with it too. Plus we didn't always make the effort either.
Cailee- Yeah totally. I'm so sorry.
Mack- Don't be and so are we.
Addie- Yeah I just wanted to clear things up now that we got to see you again, not harass you for doing nothing wrong.
Cailee- Don't be sorry. It's all good. I'm glad we cleared this up.
Addie- Me too. Friends?
Cailee- Of course. Best friends even.
The girls laughed and Cailee hugged each of the girls again. Cash, Maverick, and Carter smiled knowing everything was settled with the girls and they would be best friends like they used to. Maverick put his arm around Cailee before speaking to the group.
Mav- What should we do now?
Addie- Movie?
Mack- Yeah!
Cailee- Yeah that would be fun. It's relaxing.
Mav- Okay. Which one?
Cash/ Carter- IT!
Mack- NO!
Addie- Scary really?
Cash- Why not?
Mack- I hate clowns!
Addie- Not a fan of scary movies.
Cailee- Yeah does it have to be scary?
Mav- You know how they are when they get something on their mind.
Cailee- Ugh fine, but you better not leave me during the movie.
Mav- Wouldn't dream of it babe.
Cailee smiled and leaned into Maverick's shoulder.
Cash- IT it is. Haha that's funny to say.
Carter laughed along with him as Cash got up and put the movie in the DVD player. Before sitting down beside Addison on the couch, Cash cut the lights off. Maverick and Cailee were on one side of the couch while Cash and Addison were on the other with the girls in the middle. Maverick and Cailee were snuggled up together and Cash put his arm around Addison.
Cash- Don't worry. I'll protect you.
Addie- Thanks Cash.
Carter sat next to Mackenzie on the floor just as the movie started.
Mack- I don't know about this.
Carter- Don't worry Mack. It'll be fine. It's just a movie.
Mack- Okay.
The movie started and the girls were already getting scared. Mackenzie worst of all. There were multiple jump scares and she would jump while clutching her knees close to her chest. Addison had her face buried in Cash's chest while trying to watch the movie. Maverick and Cailee were cuddled together with Cailee's face in Maverick's chest. Just then, the clown popped up on the screen causing all three girls to scream and hide. Cailee hugged Maverick tight and he rubbed her back to calm her down. Addison buried her face in Cash's chest and he stroked her hair while hugging her tight.
Cash- It's okay Addie. I'm right here. He won't get you.
Addison wrapped her arms around Cash hugging him and Cash returned the favor, leaning his head against hers. Mackenzie had her head in between her knees and she was shaking. Carter slid over and wrapped his arms around her in a hug to try and calm her down.
Carter- Are you okay?
Mackenzie looked up at him and relaxed a bit.
Mack- I'm so scared.
Carter- Don't be. It's just a movie. I won't let anything happen to you. Trust me?
Mack- Yeah.
Carter kept his arms around Mackenzie and she laid her head on his shoulder. Every time something scary would happen, the girls would jump and hide their faces while the guys hugged them tighter, assuring them that they were safe with them. Finally, the movie ended and Cash got up to turn on the lights before returning to his place next to Addison and wrapping his arm around her shoulder again. Cailee and Maverick stayed snuggled up because Cailee had fallen asleep. Mackenzie lifted her head from Carter's shoulder.
Mack- Sorry about that.
Carter- It's okay. Don't worry about it. You weren't the only one scared.
Mackenzie laughed which made Carter smile at her, leaving Mackenzie blushing a bit. Just then, a loud roar of thunder sounded causing the girls to jump and Cailee to wake up.
Cailee- What was that?
Mav- Thunder. There's a storm.
Cailee- Great.
Addie- Man. We need to get home before it gets worse.
Cash- I don't know if you'll be able to. It looks really rough considering how dark it is.
Just then, the power went out. Tara came into the room to see the kids in the living room.
Tara- Are you guys okay?
Cash- Yeah we're alright.
Tara- Okay good. Umm Mack, Addie, why don't you girls stay here tonight? It's not safe for you to get out and go home and it looks like the storm is going to be here a while.
Mack- Okay if you don't mind.
Addie- Yeah we wouldn't want to intrude.
Tara- No not at all. Your safety is very important and it's always a pleasure to have you girls over. Y'all can all have a sleepover together. Oh hello Cailee! So glad you made it here safely.
Cailee- Hi!
Tara- Well I will be in my room if you need me. Have fun!
Mav- We will.
Tara- Not too much fun!
Mav- Mom!
Tara- Kidding!
Tara left the room so the kids could enjoy their sleepover. Sharp lightning flashed making the room bright and then thunder cracked causing everyone to jump. The girls hugged the guys in hopes of feeling safe.
Addie- I hate storms.
Cailee- Me too.
Mack- Same.
Cash- Don't worry. We are all here together. We will protect you guys.
Mav- Yeah hopefully it'll be over soon. Don't worry.
Thunder roared again and the girls jumped. Cash began to sing while rubbing Addison's shoulder.
Cash- You want a boyfriend with a cool car. Take you shopping out in New York. Want the high class service cause you think you deserve it.
Addison looked up at Cash and he looked down at her still singing her favorite song.
Cash- Want the money and the big house. Big garage to pull the whip out. All designer on your clothes so that everybody knows.
Maverick began to join in and Carter and Mackenzie turned to face them.
Mav- And you think you're a queen. Go on kiss a ring.
Cash picked up Addison's hand and kissed it when Maverick sang that line just like he did at the concert. Addison continued to smile at him which he returned. Mackenzie and Carter were watching them.
Carter- They would be so cute together. Just like Cailee and Mav.
Mack- I know. They have it bad for each other.
Carter- Yeah they do.
Maverick and Cash finished the full song. Maverick kissed Cailee's forehead and she smiled at him.
Cailee- I always love when you sing.
Mav- Thanks baby.
Addie- You sounded great.
Cash- Thanks darling. Means a lot coming from you.
Addison blushed and hid her face in Cash's shoulder. Cash lifted her chin gently with his thumb and pointer finger so her eyes met his.
Cash- Don't hide your face cutie. It's cute when you blush.
Addison smiled and blushed even more. Cash smiled at her and she put her head down on his shoulder. Cash rested his head on hers and began to play with her hair. Before long, Addison fell asleep. Cailee and Maverick were already asleep in each others' arms. Mackenzie had fallen asleep against the couch, so Carter gently picked her up and laid her on the other small couch before laying on the other side and falling asleep. Cash adjusted himself so he was laying down and Addison was next to him with her head on his chest. The guys had managed to get the girls' minds off of the storm and now everyone was asleep. None of them worried about anything because they were surrounded by people that cared about them.