-Episode20-[Disguise]

Start from the beginning

"What if they know it's me?" She raised a question in her head. Nonetheless, even if they did notice her, they wouldn't have been able to recognize her. And if they could recognize her... who would've known she was working for Gusion? Putting those thoughts aside, Karina casually walked up to the counter and ordered a single caramel macchiato. She tried to act as normal as possible, avoiding people's gazes as she walked past the table where the two sat and dropped down on the leather chair sitting behind Hayabusa.

It seemed like her bunny hat had drawn unwanted attention from the other costumers. But Karina was relieved as long as Haya or Hanabi didn't become suspicious of her. On second thought, she could just call Gusion to come over since she had already found the target. But the elf couldn't bring herself to do that. Gusion would totally lose his head around them and start a fight with Haya. Despite how she looked, Karina despised violence and would prefer arguments to be solved in a rather calm manner. As for now, eves dropping was enough.

"I told you, this much clothes was unnecessary. I could do fine with just a few outfits" she heard Hanabi speak.

"No. It's all on me so stop complaining about it" Haya replied.

"Exactly, it was all on you that's why I feel bad you had to spend that much for me"

Karina drummed her fingers on the glass table as she listened.

"It's fine. I insist you get comfortable clothes to wear"

The waiter arrived with their drinks and placed them on the table. Then he walked over to Karina's table to give her her drink.

"Thank you" she mumbled softly.

"So what are you planning to do next?" Haya started speaking again.

"I haven't thought about that...guess I'll stick around with you longer if you don't mind"

"We can go back to our hometown together you know? It's alright, Kagura and I will take care of you"

"I'm not a damn baby anymore" Hanabi whined.

"But I can still protect you. We're friends, aren't we?"

"Yeah..."

Karina sipped her drink. "So they're not dating" she assumed.

"Anyways, do you need anything else?" The ninja asked again.

"Nah. Let's just go back" Hanabi replied.

Back to where? Karina thought as she listened. Either way, she was about to find out if she's fast enough not to lose them in the crowd.

And she almost did.

Fortunately, Karina managed to catch up. If only they didn't move so fast, she wouldn't have any difficulties if they weren't.

For the sake of getting caught, she avoided getting too close and keep her distance which wasn't easy as the crowd keep butting in her view.

Finally they went into a building that seemed like a hotel. Karina stopped on her tracks and pulled out her phone.

"Now's the time" she thought. "I'm not suffering alone anymore"