-Episode 8-[Jealousy]

I'm gonna say this, if you're enjoying the story, please vote :) it's not hard, just click on the star below

"Oi you damn insect! The last toast is mine!" screamed a young midget with raven hair. His fingers pointing at the taller male with the opposite hair color as he shouted across the dining table.

"Oh really?" Gusion raised one his eyebrows arrogantly and munched on the toast and his hands. "Scorpions aren't considered to be insects, they're arachnids. Know that for a fact, you little cunt"

"Can you two stop fighting all the time? I can make more if you'd like" the Vespid android raised both her hands up and created a calm-down signal."Such a fuss is unnecessary"

"Shut up, you wasp! Stay out of this!" The young male yelled once again.

Suddenly, Layla who was observing her enemy team having their breakfast, bursted out laughing causing everyone's attention to turn towards her.

"What's so funny?" Gusion grunted.

Layla covered her mouth with her hands to prevent more laughter from coming out but it seemed that it didn't work quite well. "I- I'm sorry. Hahah, it's just that, you guys are so close! Like a family, if you ask me! It's amusing to watch"

"Excuse you, you call this family? As a matter of fact, no we are not" Harley stated and crossed his arms together with a pout on his face.

"Is it different with the S.A.B.E.R's?" Angela asked.

Layla looked down at her feet and nodded. "Back at our place, I don't know if we even consider each other as friends. Everyone seems to be doing their own things and we barely talk or joke around. I... I feel upset about it sometimes. We don't give ourselves silly nicknames like you guys do. And you know what?" She raised her head up to face everyone. "I think I enjoy the atmosphere here better than at the headquarters. You're all funny and interesting people" she said with a beaming smile.

Everyone stared at the magenta haired girl with widened eyes and were speechless, not knowing what the right thing to say was.

Finally, Hanabi closed her eyes and let out a deep breath after getting up from her chair and walked away without a word.

"What's her problem? She's been acting quite strange lately" Harley murmured.

"Something's probably bothering her. I'll go talk to her about it" said Angela.

Gusion sat still. His eyes followed his female teammate while getting lost in a deep thought.

"By the way, what do we do with Layla?" Harley questioned.

"Let's keep her for another day. We'll operate our plan tomorrow. And we need her to get ourselves in"

"Right. I hope it'll go well"

"Don't forget, Octopus. It's your turn to do the dishes today" Emperor Scorpion smirked.

"Hahhh?! You've gotta be kidding me! I need to watch to new episode of-"

"No excuses" Gusion got up from his chair and turned his heels to walk away. He took three steps before speaking over his shoulder. "Grock, keep a close eye on Layla for me"