-Episode18-[Missing Piece II]

Gusion's POV

"How's it going? Found her yet?" I spoke to my earbuds, contacting my two other comrades.

"Not yet, Captain!" Angela's sweet voice replied back.

"No luck here either" Harley joined in. "We've been searching the whole morning without having breakfast stuffed into our stomach yet. I suggest taking a break"

"Now that you mentioned it, my body feels pretty tired, too" said Angela.

"If you guys are hungry then eat. I'm gonna continue looking for her"

"Okay, Captain. But please don't push yourself. Your health is at risk"

"Yeah I know"

"Well, bye. I'll contact you guys later. My tummy's growling"

"Bye you two"

I removed my hands from my ear and gaze into the city view from a high tower I was standing on. Where the hell did she wander off to alone like that? And even with that vulnerable state she was in, hells, it was eating me up inside just thinking that something bad might be happening to her.

I leaped off the tower to another, keep searching for that one raven haired girl with a ponytail. But no matter where I look, I couldn't see her anywhere.

"Wherever she is, I just hope she's fine"

The bad luck I have so far didn't stop me from trying to look for her. I can never rest well until I have her in my arms again. The feelings in my guts kept worrying as anxiety wrapped itself around me. What if she runs into some bad guys? What if she starves and dies? What if the SABERs kidnap her?

I immediately rushed to the SABER's headquarters once having that thought. Soon enough, I reached the building and searched for a way to get sure. No matter what, I need to get her back.

I landed on a tall building nearby and spotted an open window. I moved closer to get a better look. It was a bedroom. I wasn't sure whose. But either way, there won't be cameras in a bedroom.

I set my feet of to the air and leaped through the open window. I must've been lucky because it was their marksman's room.

Her back was facing me, so was her long curly magenta pigtails. she was sitting on a chair of her vanity desk, applying some light makeup on her face. Her eyes darted as she saw me behind her in the mirror.

Layla immediately stood up and turned around to face me. "Hey what are you doing here?. Do you...miss me, perhaps?" She grinned and walked closer to me. The scent of rose perfume lingers around her.

"Actually, I need to know something"

"Sure. Ask away. I'll tell you what I know"

"Have you guys kidnapped anybody?"

She stared at me for a moment. "No. Of course not why would we do that. Why? Have anyone you know been kidnapped?"

"Uhh well, Hanabi's gone missing. I don't know where she went"

"Oh. Are you sure you've checked the places she most likely go to?"

"I already did. But no matter what, I just can't seem to find her"

"Just call her"

"She didn't bring her phone or anything else considered to be a tracking device with her"

"I see... knowing the reason might help too. Do you happen to know why?"

I bit my lips and looked down. "We put too much pressure on her last night. After you guys left"