I heaved a cry inwards, and that's when I hear a soft sound that almost stops my heart entirely. Leather brushes a trail upwards on the silken mattress. When the bed dips behind me, I fall into the anchored slope he had caused and cradle against a firm, cordial chest.

The pain that flowed from my inner core was as palpable was the frigid, dense tension between our hearts and soon, I was struggling to keep my tears silent, though we lay in my own bed.

Like Four, I had hope before – A hope that burned for the safety of the ones I love, but now that hope has twisted into a need that only burns in a heavy fuel of survival.

Looking up to the watery stars and void beyond, hoping that what is beyond life, isn't that same void: I hope Four isn't just a memory for me to hold for the rest of my chilling life, as reminder of how cruel this Universe in an Empire's hands can be.

There's that pain again.

"I'm sorry." The deep voice, breathes into my ear as he raises a hand to stroke my shoulder. He must have taken his gloves off, for his touch is burning my crippling, wax skin.

My mouth is dry and I lick my lips, tasting salt, where all the tears meet as if it is a gas station for their travels.

"No, you're not." I croak, bringing my knees to my chest even closer. "Other-wise, you would have done something."

Kylo sighs and flinches his hand away from me, "If I did something, then Snoke would have known something is growing between us... I don't want him to take you away from me as easily as he had taken your friend."

I roll my eyes, ignoring the fragile confession and focusing on he latter.

"Four." I say, "His name was Four."

Kylo huffs and turns on his back as attempts to lay on my stubbornness, "Well, that wasn't his true name but that's beyond the fact." He points out. "Six... I truely am sorry."

He stares at the ceiling. I stare to the stars. I blink sadly and my mouth twitches downwards. With the open eyes of a child, I turn on my side and reach out, with shaking fingers extending to his face and forcing it to look back to me.

In the midst of brown, I see a raging war that will burn any dying ember to a crisp and bring the cold winds to a brittle howl of nothing. Yet, in the soft look they beacon to me in the dark, I see the peace in the design of love and protection. His face falls soft upon me, noticing all the pain and loss.

He swallows.

"You should've stayed on your home planet like I asked you to." He whispered to me, his voice so flimsy in the midst of a body so strong.

He pushes my hand away, only to hold my knuckles against his lips and I crumple like a forgotten, mistake-filled page.

"I couldn't have." I break. "I had to come here, because all I have ever known is here – Project Destiny... And you."

He drops a hand, unlacing my headscarf and throwing it off the bed so he can interlock his long fingers into my hair. "Yes, but I can't keep you safe here."

My lips part and my heart threatens to swell so large, it will burst through my chest and into his big hands to bleed dry into the skin and eventually become one with his veins. I sniffle and Kylo's fragrant smell acts as a life-raft to my drowning soul. When I place my twitching hand upon his chest, there is no boundaries between us, or setting us apart; And when I peer back into those brown orbs, I seek his refuge.

He doesn't know that he doesn't need to keep me safe – He just needs to trust me when it comes to the final moment where I will keep the two of us safe forever-more in a destiny crossroad.