Chapter 2 (NEW)

Ariana's Pov

"Grande, you're late," Coach said as I ran through the gym doors. The whole team looked at me with a smirk on their faces. I came in a mess, barely grasping my books, almost dropping them. "Busy hallway, Coach. I'm sor—"

"Years of teaching you and you still apologize. Go get dressed, Ariana." Coach laughed, folding her arms.
I nodded, happy that she wasn't mad and ran off to the locker room to go get changed.

But just as I was putting on my uniform, the locker room door opened. "Guess what we just heard," Courtney said wiggling her eyebrows, with Victoria having a big blush spread across her cheeks.

I slid on my shoes, examining the two with curiosity. "What?"

"You were with Kai?" Victoria asked. "Someone just posted on the page about it."

The page was just some Instagram page, someone made to spread rumors. It was the main reason why secrets would come out and people would get exposed. No one knew who was behind the account, but everyone hated it, especially if your name got in the headline.

"We just bumped into each other in the hallway!" I said slapping my hand on my face.

"Ladies, hurry it up! It's almost your test time." I heard Coach yell from outside the doors.

"Well, apparently you guys were on top of the hallway, about to 'fuck'." Courtney laughed with air quotes.

I sighed, as this was starting to make my day worse. "Did this get around to Dalton?" I asked the two, who only looked between each other.

"I'm pretty sure, sorry boo." Victoria empathized, putting a hand on my shoulder. "But maybe Kai will shut down the rumors. Ever since last summer, she never lets dating rumors fly, especially after Ke—"

"Vic!" Courtney said, slightly hitting our best friend. "Don't forget, Ari is still grieving as well."

"No, it's fine." I shrugged, trying not to think about it much, although my friends could tell my mood shifted.

"Let's sleepover at Ari's tonight, and forget all the negativity and shit." Victoria offered, giving me a small smile.

"I can't." I explained. "My family has dinner with Kai today."

"You guys still do those? It must be awkward." Courtney cringed, with her nose crinkling as usual when she imagined something she thought was uncomfortable.

"It's not that bad anymore. We keep our distance, Frankie and her are pretty close actually. So I really can't avoid her." I chuckled, finishing with a shrug.

The three of us looked at the locker room doors, with a sigh following. We knew it would be time to take our test soon, so Courtney and Victoria walked out first, as I stuffed my bag into my locker.

"Wait, why do you even have dinners with her?"  Courtney asked.

"Never bothered to ask my Mom about it," I shrugged.

When I walked out finally, some girls were still taking their test, others had finished, and it seemed like me, Courtney, and Victoria were the last ones to go.

I sat on the white bleachers, waiting on my name to be called after several minutes. "Chipolone, you finished in 11.32 seconds, McCants, you finished in 9.82. Grande, your last. The score to beat is Sophie's, she has 12.1 seconds." Coach called out to me.

I stood up, walking to the obstacle course as the rest of the team watched me complete it, within several seconds.

We all usually waited for each other, we wanted to know who would receive a dare this week.