Special Chapter 2: Wedding, Ring & Feeling

P'Mook

"Mook, I am sorry. Your wedding dress, it was caught in some mishaps, and now the dress got a big hole on the back". I almost fainted hearing the news from the bridal shop. My wedding would start in 4 hours. This ain't real, this ain't happening to me. I felt liked crying. "But, don't worry naa... we got another dress, that luckily almost the same size as you, we'll tweak it a bit, and bring that to you soon. Please, go on with your make up and hair first".

I was getting through make-up and hair with a burdened feeling. I am getting married in my forties, and this was happening on my wedding day. Be patient Mook, the most important thing is your soon to be husband is waiting at the altar. Dress is just that, a dress.

It was almost time, the dress was yet to arrive. Let just give up on a nice wedding dress, and wear any of my decent white dress. I took a calming breath and stood up. At the moment, the wedding gown arrived. I was so shocked to see the grandiosity of the dress, almost princess like; soft light laces that layered to add volumes but still wearable. Touching the material, I already knew, this was such an expensive dress. A smile returned to my face. Somehow, God had turned disaster into a blessing. I was hurriedly put into the dress and moved to the wedding venue immediately.

The melodious wedding march song from the piano signaled me to take a step and entered the hall. I walked with my father beside me, with a light, joyful heart, waiting for my dream of dreams to come true. But then, I stopped at the entrance. My feet were stuck. Everyone turned around in confusion, even the pianist stopped playing. They must be thinking that I must had cold feet, and was planning to run away; just liked that movie, what's it called again? The runaway bride! Yes that was it.

But, the reason I stopped was not because of that. I was stunned. I almost thought that I had ambushed into a wrong wedding venue. The whole place looked like a luscious, beautiful garden of Eden; flowers were flowing from every corner of the room, falling gracefully from above, on the isles, at the front, lots of varieties of flowers in every soft colours existed. If my calculation was right, these flowers alone would cost up to 6 months of my salary.

My father nudged me to start moving. I knew that I was at the right place only when I saw the the man that I love, waiting at the end, with a face, stricken with worry. He too might think wrongly because of my sudden hesitation. I gave him a comforting smile, and started to move again. My eyes met for a brief moment with Joong's, who sat on the front row. I knew, nobody but him would be able to prepare everything in this scale; the dress, the venues, the flowers. My eyes shown him my deepest gratitude, and saw that he understood it by the way he smiled back at me. I turned around, and be ready to start my new life.

Joong

I sat beside Nine, and held his hand as the ceremony went on. Nine looked so blissful, liked finally giving away the person that he adored, to another man, to be taken care of. I was carefully watching the progression of the ceremony too. When it finally came to the part for them  to change vows and rings, I pried open Nine's fingers that was laced with mine too. Nine turned to look at me questioningly.

I carefully took something from my suit's pocket, tenderly held his hand, and put the ring on his finger. Nine looked down, and looked back up again into my eyes. I silently mouthed, I love you, and kissed his hand. Our fingers interlacing tightly, as we watched the ceremony till the end. After that, Nine did what he had practiced for a long time, he gifted the couple with a heartfelt serenade while playing the piano too; it was brilliant and also touching. Everyone felt joyful after it ended, a thunder of applause filled the hall, and also stream of tears from P'Mook.