Switched

Joong

The Phone Repair Shop

I got my phone back in good condition. I turned it on. Few messages and voice mails. I listened to each one, before deleting the less important one. There's one from Mr. Kla, asking me to call back immediately.

[Mr. Kla]

[Hello Joong. Where are you now? I was informed, that you'd decided to take a sudden vacation since the filming was halted. How's your shoulder?]

My heart was burning. You knew where I am and pretended to be concerned? P'Mhee isn't even back to Bangkok yet, so where does all this info coming from. Your spies?

[Hmm. My schedule is clear until next week].

[Well, about that, you need to come back in 2 days. I've managed to arrange a meeting with a representative from a global telco company. They are interested to discuss with us the possibility of you becoming their brand ambassador for Asia Region].

2 days? I guess that must be the limit, liked a ticking time bomb, he'd set for us to separate.

[Didn't you always decide on behalf of the company? Why do I need to be there this time?]

[Well, this is different, the offer comes in a package, not just for CF and advertisement, you need to be their spokesperson too. So, they wanted to talk to you personally, to determine your suitability, since the promotion will be done all over across Asia].

How far you wanted me to be away from Thailand this time?

[Alright, got that].

I hanged up the call and dialed P'Mhee's number.

[P', I am needed at the company in 2 days].

[What? How come I am not aware of your schedule?].

[Mr. Kla arranged for it, personally. And, he was here yesterday].

[Damn! He sure moved fast. He found you and Nine just like that?].

[He came to see Nine. While I was at the sanctuary].

[How is Nine?].

Last night? Nine was bolder than usual. Not that it was bad though, but still, it wasn't the usual Nine too. The hungry kisses were blinding, pleasurable. Though it felt unfinished, though we wanted more, but we managed to stop still. No question was asked. Both knew, it will be, only when the time is right, where nothing uncertain stood between us anymore.

[Nine showed nothing unusual. P', can I ask you something else first].

[Yes?].

[You told me, back at the sanctuary, that Nine has been in love with me since forever, meaning that, all these times, you... could see?].

[Yes, Joong. I did. From both of you. While you expressed it openly, Nine did it in his own quiet way. People would just look at it as his caring nature, but P' was with both of you most of the time and saw what other people didn't. If what he did was not love, then what is love?].

[Then, why didn't you let us know,P'? You didn't like us to be together?]

[It may sound foolish now, but at the time, P' was afraid that if something happened between you and Nine, and then you break up, it would be a disastrous thing to face, not just for P', but for everyone close to both of you. What about your families? How awkward for the other 4 moons, to be on whose side? I'm sorry Joong, but as a manager, I needed to think that way. That's why I said, this is my atonement too].