Rainstorm

Nine

My face felt too hot since last night.

Lucky it was dark, maybe that's the reason for my momentary bravery, to kiss Joong liked that.

The only kiss we shared before, was during the shooting of the series. Not that I didn't want to after that, but there's an invisible boundary that I dared not cross at that time. Sometimes in events, I pretended to be calm , yet in truth, the close proximity almost caused my heart to burst. Liked what I said to Joong, he would be surprised had he known all the things running through my head that was related to him, to us.

Joong just playfully asked for a kiss last night. I knew, that even if I ignored it, Joong wouldn't push for more, yet it was an opening that I'd waited for, to be able to kiss him again; without the camera around, without a screenplay to act out, without someone to say "cut". Simply just a kiss to someone very dear, without any pretense, without any thought, just a whole lot of feel.

The reason I pushed away, was not for air. But because I was on the verge of tears. It was not sadness that I felt, nor regret. It couldn't be defined, yet it was so clear too. That it was what I had wanted to do for so long; to show him what I couldn't say out loud.

I woke up when the morning light shone through the curtains, basking his face in a small halo. I'd lain awake, and just stared. How could a manly face be so soft when asleep? The long eyelashes were to die for, if not for the prominent eyebrows, he could pass off as beautiful too. I smiled a little. He always called me beautiful, which I never understood why. I was done correcting for too many times and reluctantly accepted when fans too, agreed with him. As long as everyone was happy.

"Eerhmmm, stop staring Nai, this is too early to feast on me, my breath stinks", the playful jest cut my dreamy observation short.

"Who.. who said I wanted to kiss you?"

"You're blushing...if it's not because of a kiss, is it something else then?", he continued to tease while his hand went around over my waist and held me loosely. The half-opened eyes, the husky morning voice, the sleepy smile; how come he looked too delicious so early in the morning? God, gives me strength !. Joong moved to snuggle closer. I pushed him lightly.

"Stop it, Joong! I don't want to push you harder, or...or.. your shoulder will be in pain again", I said, panicking.

"Then don't push, stay still...", he ignored my half-hearted warning and rested his head in the crook of my neck. I could feel his steady breathing warming my skin. I was frigid for the first minute, but started to relax gradually and raised my hand to caress his hair and cheek lightly.

"10 minutes, after that I'll really push you off me, painful or not...".

"Hmmm...". I could feel a few feathery light kisses on my collarbone, and then he was asleep again.

It turned out, 10 minutes became longer, when unconsciously, I fell asleep too. Must be too comfortable, hugged by this big baby. The sun was warm, and so did our hearts.

Joong

"P', I'm going to the sanctuary this afternoon. There's something I need to do there".

"Want me to send you? I'm free today too".

"No need, P'Mook already helped me to book for a hired car service yesterday".

"Why, don't you want me to go too?"

"No, you already worked on weekdays and entertained me yesterday. This is your only rest day. Although I wanted to use the chance you'd given me very well, a tired you will only think about sleep and not my charms. Don't miss me too much. I'll be back by tonight, and wanted to be surprised with your "recovery plan day 2". Maybe, I'll get more than a kiss", I said that with an impish smile.

"Is this how your story is written? The person who is supposed to be wooed, is doing all the flirting?", Nine asked in disbelief.

"They said, be careful what you'd promised for. Didn't I already tell you in advance yesterday? I am sulking as in forever, so you better have a damn thick recovery plan".

"You sneaky pup! I can't believe I was manipulated into doing this!".

The sound of a honk cut Nine's words off.

"There, my car already arrived. See you tonight, I can't wait", I said, gave Nine a surprise kiss on his cheek and ran away into the car. The last I saw of Nine was his disgruntled face, openly challenging my logic of our so called "manipulated deal". So, that was the stubborn ox's look that scared P'Mook so much, now I understood, yet still felt so happy about it.

The Elephant Sanctuary

I arrived at the sanctuary and immediately went to see the herd's guardian. The reason for my visit was to pay respect and thank to the elephant that saved my life that day. In the chaos, their first priority was to take me to the hospital. I hadn't gotten to see the elephant yet after that, because the crew insisted for me to go back to Bangkok. Only with P'Mhee's help, I was able to seize the chance to go to Nine.

I was brought by the handler to see the elephant, it was feeding on banana at the open grass field near the flowing river. The moment the elephant saw me, it raised its' trunk in recognition. People said, that elephant had a life-long memory; regardless of the source, I wanted to believe it was true.

I came near and rubbed its' body gratefully. My eyes tearing up a bit.

"Thank you, for saving my life. Not just once. You'd not only given me a second life, but a second chance as well, to be with someone very precious to me. I don't know, whether you were from the same herd that we visited long ago. Maybe, that's why you remember me? Did God send you as my angel, only in a larger form? But, it's okay. It seems, God loves me so much. He sent me angels in various shapes and forms, you know. One is a mother hen; a beautiful lady with the nosiness that of your next door's neighbor, and the other one is a stubborn ox; the one that I love so much, but...yet to love me back. Since you and him are in the same league of angels, can you sent him some secret divine codes that can soften his heart to accept me wholeheartedly?".

The elephant nudged me with its' trunk and then continued eating.

"I'll take that as a yes. Thank you". I stayed and watched the herd of elephants eating and bathing for quite some time, until it's almost evening. The sky that was clear the whole afternoon, had darken tremendously, it seemed that rainstorm was coming. I walked back to the central building to catch my ride back to the city.

The moment I entered, my steps halted immediately. The man at the counter turned around and looked at me, his eyes widened in shock.

"Joong!".

"What the hell is going on here... P'Mhee...".

A thunder boomed loudly, and the dark sky started vomiting all of its' heavy content, mercilessly.