Malikai

Chapter 6

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days and days turned into one month so far and we are still at square one with that Fernando girl case. Eve and I have been distant since I told her about the ring. I don't know what I thought before telling her about it. We only talk for the sake of the kids. Celeste has been trying her very best to work her way back into my life. But right now I don't got time for foolishness and that's Celeste's middle name.

"Clancy Rayon wants us in his morgue now" Jermaine said

"I'll be there in a minute"

He locked back the door and I continue doing the paper works. I finished it soon as possible then I head to the morgue.

"Rayon this better be good."

"It is trust me"

I observed the room to see that the whole team was there. Mydi, Eve, Jermaine, Ray and I.

"Before I started what's going on between you Clancy and Ms Harmony over there?"

Like for real Rayon! But right now I wasn't going to take the big mouth from Rayon, because of Eve.

"Why don't you ask Ms Harmony over there" I said sarcastically

"Why does he have to asked me?"snapped Eve

"Which one of use being inmature and acting the fool? I tell you about the ring and boom you stop talking to me"

"A ring? What ring?" Smiled Mydi

"None of your business" shouted Eve "Ray if you don't have nothing good to tell us I'll leave"

"What's with the attitude?" Asked Rayon

"And the ring? Boy..Malik you and I need to talk big time" Jermaine said shaking his head

"Whenever you are going to talk don't forget me" Ray said

"Me either" said Mydi

"Seriously guys? Why you have to be all up in my business?" I asked

"Ha...Malikai this morning a young lady came inside my morgue, she died from starvation. To my surprise she had the same weird tatoo as Jessica. The same things I found in Jessica's digestive system is the same thing I find in Kadie here system"

"What a coincidence?"

The five of us head back to the Precinct and we all stopped where we always stop..at Eve's desk.

"Okay here's what we are going to do, I'm going to go to Sudan's office and see what she has on Kadie and in the mean time Malik and Eve is going to go check out her apartment. As for you Rayon...Just do what you do" said Jermaine

Everyone started to make an attempt to what Jermaine said to do, except me because I'm head of detective I call the shots. Jermaine don't call them with me, my gun is a one man gun and I don't share my shots.

"Hold on one minute" everyone started to gather back around Eve's desk "Jermaine we don't call the shots I do, you don't tell me what to do its the other way around. You and your partner are the ones going to check out the apartment. I'm not in the mood for Eve's ridiculous attitude"

"If you didn't call my name are bring me in this you wouldn't be happy would you?" said Eve

"See what I'm talking about?" I said

"We'll go then, I'll call if anything"

With that Mydi and Jermaine walked away leaving Eve, Ray an I