Chapter 44

Tim's POV: Taylor left a while ago and the girls are still upstairs. Faith has been trying not to cry, it has been hard. I have been blinking back a few too. This whole year has been way too much. Mom, Ted and Edna where cleaning the house. I was sitting on the couch with Faith in my arms when I heard Sam cry.

"Ugh..." Faith said standing up. I stood up too and made her sit back down.

"I'll get it babe." I said bending down and kissing her. When I stood back up I saw Maggie coming with Sam.

"Mom, I think he is thirsty.

"Oh! Yeah, probably." She said standing up and taking Sam.

"How are y'all doing sweetheart?" Faith asked her rubbing her back.

"Ouch! We'll be ok." Maggie said took a step back.

"Oh, baby I'm so sorry!" Faith said putting her hand to her mouth.

"No! Mom don't be! I-I'm fine! I'll just go..." she said going back upstairs. I sat down and let Faith sit next to me. I saw tears pour down her cheeks.

"Shh, baby, it's gonna be ok." I said kissing the top of her head. She looked at me and kissed me.

"Thank you for being there for me, every single step of the way." She said looking down and fixing Samuel.

"Faith, my job is to protect you and our family. You have had my back, and I have yours." I said.

"Thank you baby. I love you." She said looking back up at me. I smiled at her and wiped her tears. Mom, Ted and Edna came in and sat down on the chairs. Faith put her boob back in her bra.

"Wanna hold him Betty?" Faith asked mom.

"Oh! Yes, of course." Mama said smiling at them. I couldn't help but smile too.