24

EDMUND'S POV

I looked at the sword and looked back at him. 

Did he actually expect me to follow him?

Without thinking twice, I pointed the sword at Olivers throat.

"Edmund what are you doing?!" asked Oliver as his voice broke.

"You must be insane if you think I'd be willing to put our lives in your hands." I scoffed. 

"Look at Y/N!" said Oliver. "Does she look like she's in actual pain?!"

"You think I dont know what pain looks like?" I asked. 

"Oh I dont know, but I'm sure gesturing to Peter isn't one." he said. 

I looked at Y/N. She was still screaming and shouting but her head was gesturing to Peter and the others. 

Wow, convincing acting... I am so in love with her right now. 

Y/N then rolled her eyes and mouthed the words "Focus". I quickly put my sword down.

"Alright whatever." I scoffed. "What's the plan?"

"Unlock Peter and the others." said Oliver. "Then let's meet back in the forest."

The White Witch was busy giving her speech while her crowd cheered for her. They were both distracted so it was a perfect time to help the others.

As as we were unlocking the chains, I noticed figures hiding in the forest. It was our crew.

I unlocked the Lucy's chain, the last one, and met up with Oliver unnoticed. 

"What's the plan?" asked Peter. 

"Y/N's fake screams wont distract them for long." said Susan. 

"Its only a matter of time before they realized nothing's happening." said Caspian. 

"Caspian, Susan, Lucy; prepare for battle." instructed Oliver. "Edmund will unlock Y/N's chains and I will try to break the waterfall." 

"How will you do that?" asked Lucy. "The whole crowd is blocking her."

"I know a way behind it." said Oliver. "If I fail or someone notices us, you guys attack."

"Got it." we said in unison and parted ways. 

I snuck from ice block to ice block and crept my way closer to Y/N. She was getting visibly exhausted from screaming and shouting.

I got to the last block closest to her. "Psst, Y/N" I whispered. "Y/N!"

Unfortunately, aside from attracting her attention, I attracted the attention of a dwarf in the back of the crowd.

The dwarf turned his head to find out where the noise came from. I quickly hid behind the block, big enough for me.

I looked to see if it was safe for me to go and cut Y/N's chains.

The coast was clear... sort of.

As soon as I tried to walk to her, a small but sharp dagger pressed against my throat. It was the dwarf.

"Where are you going, petty little prince?" chuckled the dwarf.

"King." I said.

"What?"

"It's King Edmund, actually.'"

I quickly tripped the dwarf. He wasn't able to get up fast enough because of his shrimp-sized arms. I then kicked him and he slid through the ice, into the forest. The crew took care of him.