22

Oliver's POV

"T-the Island Princess?" I asked. "How exactly are you going to take her life?"

The White Witch stayed silent. "With that." she said, pointing at the little bottle the bat-man was holding.

I walked closer and inspected the bottle.

The bottle had a green liquid with hints of purple.

"You're gonna ask her to... drink it?" I asked. "What's it going to do?"

"Once she drinks it, she will die a painless death. Her life-force, as well as her power, will be transferred to me." she explained. "That will not only free me, but make everyone fear me, and I shall become their Queen once again." she said, with a power-hungry tone.

"What power?" I asked. "I've never seen her doing anything magical."

"She doesn't know it yet." said the Witch. "And she shouldn't know or she will use it against us."

I stayed silent and continued to listen.

"We'll trick her into drinking that bottle." she said looking at the bottle as if it were her last hope.

"If you want to see your parents again, noble one, you must surrender them to me." she said.

"It's your only hope."

Your POV

We made a camp for us to sleep in and planned that we would look for Oliver the next day.

The whole night, Ed was twitching and whimpering, like he was having a terrible dream.

Everyone was asleep, it was midnight so I was the only one who noticed this and held his hand. It calmed him down and eventually sent himself to sleep.

I took a good look at him.

Acceptance.

That's what I was afraid of all along.

If we hadn't confessed our relationship, we wouldn't have been able to do this out in the open.

I suddenly heard a rustle in the dry leaves. The sound made me immediately sit up to see who it was.

A running shadow then formed from in the forest.

I gently removed my hand from Edmund's, stood up and decided to investigate.

The Shadow brought me deeper and deeper into the woods. The deeper I was the colder and more lifeless everything became.

The Shadow then disappeared but I decided to venture further into the forest.

A cold hand then held my arm.
I quickly locked it in place, twisted the arm, and pinned the person to the ground.

"Oliver?!" I asked surprised. "Where have you been?!"

"mfllfmfmnvzstv!!!" he tried to talk, but only muffled sounds came out of his mouth.

"Oh sorry." I said as I helped him up.

He dusted himself and fixed his hair. "You love pinning me to the ground." he said flirtatiously.

I raised my eyebrow. "You didn't answer my question."

"Oh right." he said. "But first, let's take a little stroll." he offered and let out his hand.

"Uh.. no thanks." I said, pushing his hand away. "How about, you tell me why you're in the woods."