29

"I can't believe this is our last night together." Caspian said. "I had just confessed to you and now, you're leaving." Caspian said as he kissed Susan's hand.

"If doesn't have to be." said Susan.

We all stopped and faced her. "What?" we asked. Hoping she'll change her mind about leaving.

"Let's stay, Peter." Susan said to him. "Nothing will change when we get back anyway. Let's enjoy being children."

"You mean it, Susan!?" asked Lucy getting excited.

"I don't know... things as big as this can't be decided at once." said Peter.

"I'm staying whether you like it or not." said Edmund.

"No you aren't." said Peter.

"Peter, you may be the king of Narnia, but you aren't mine." defended Edmund.

"Guys!" I shouted.

"What makes you think I'm letting you stay?" said Peter.

"I'm not really asking for your permission. You're just my brother, not my boss."

"Being an older brother does give me a title as your boss."

"Guys cut it out!" I said, pushing them back. "Look, I don't really understand how you're-"

"We're" corrected Edmund.

"How we're going to leave here in the first place! Like- we were pulled in a creak on the floor by a gust of wind, Aslan isn't here, how else are supposed to leave?"

Peter thought. "That's right... we can't get back the way we came... and if we can't then only Aslan can..."

"But Aslan isn't here!" exclaimed Edmund.

"So were staying!" cheered Lucy and Susan.

"I guess we are." smiled Peter. "But... where are we going to stay? Cair Paravel is in ruins-"

"Rule side by side with me." said Caspian. "Ruling a kingdom alone isn't easy... and I'd finally have my queen with me." he  said as he kissed Susan's hand.

As everyone rejoiced Edmund took my hands and looked me in the eyes. "Now, you are stuck to me like glue-"

"Whether you like it or not." I smirked and pulled him into a kiss.

~ • ~ • ~
The next week...

A coronation was held and we were crowned Kings and Queens of Narnia (with the permission of the court, of course). Each holding our own title to each of the lands.