13

We both had taken a pleasurable walk on the quiet parts of the cave. We haven't said a word to each other since the ship, when he called me.

I was filled with anticipation and a nerve-racking sense of nervousness. I already knew he would bring up what happened in the underwater cave, even though I did know what he wanted, I was still nervous.

I wasn't ready to talk about it... not yet.

I shouldn't have brought it up. I should've just kept it to myself until I had enough courage to talk to him about it.

Sunset had hit Narnia

Sunset had hit Narnia. The beautiful traces of the sun, the pick and purple sky was a breathtaking view.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Edmund said as he sat down on a rock, facing the opening of the cave.

"It really is." I say as I sat down next to him. "Simple things like this couldn't compare to what Narnia has."

"So uh.. about a while ago..." He said as he rubbed his neck.
"What were you saying in the cave?" He spoke, with a more curious tone. His eyes that were facing the sunset seconds ago, were now fixated on me.

This was it.

I'm going to tell him...

I took a deep breath.

Then paused for a brief moment.

"Edmund, I... I like you." I confessed. Fiddling with my fingers. My eyes were looking at everything. Anything. Anything but him. "I just wanted to know how... how you feel... what you feel about... me. Us."

It was silent for a few moments. I finally looked at him to find out why he was so quiet.

The moment my eyes landed on his face, I was able to see his expression. He had the biggest smile and his cheeks were red. Like red red.

"Y/N," He said my name. That alone made me feel butterflies. He chuckled, "You really are clueless.".

Edmund stood up and took my hands. He stood me up gently. We were now standing in front of each other with the sunset behind us, hitting the right features. Our eyes were fixated on each other.

"This whole time," he said, "did you not even have one passing thought that I maybe have liked you too?".

I blushed. Redder than cherries.

"I never got to think about it." I answered. "Why?"

"Because," he said as he cupped my chin gently, "I like you too."

As soon as he finished his sentence, he pulled me into a gentle, but passionate kiss. It was... undescribable.
That very moment, I felt safe. Happy. I was with him and that was all that mattered.

I unknowingly put my hands around his neck and let it hang. One hand of his was cupping my face, the other was holding my waist.

He was perfect in every way. I thought of all the times he's protected me, worried about me, teased me. It all made sense. He did like me.