5

Stumpton, Tigris, the Pevensies, and I were walking for 20 minutes. What seemed to be a short time, but easier said than done.

We all stopped in front of a big tree. Big enough to carry a house. Stumpton hit the side of a tree which seemed to be hollow and empty because of the echoes it made. A ladder fell from the top of the tree down to our feet. Tigris started climbing from the branches, Stumpton climbed up the ladder, followed by Peter, Lucy then Susan. I was hesitant to go in. I didn't want to be in a dwarf's treehouse.

Edmund was just about to take the first step. "You coming?" he asked.

"No, I think I'll stay down here." I said crossing my arms and leaning on the tree.

"Come on now, you aren't still mad at the poor dwarf, are you?" Edmund teased, swinging at the vine and branch ladder.

I looked at him, annoyed and walked away "Of course no-OOOAAAAAH!" I screamed as I feel into a pit which seemed to be covered with leaves. It was probably a trap of some sort.

I immediately heard footsteps running towards the pit. Edmund looked at me and laughed. I glared at him, still annoyed.

When he was done he shouted "You sure you wanna stay down there?" with a mischievous smile.

I got even more annoyed. I started looking around the small pit, hoping to find something that would help me escape. "I don't need your help" I shouted back.

"Okayyy! I'll just stand here and watch." He smirked watching my failure.

For about five minutes, I was grunting and struggling to get out, unfortunately I couldn't get out. I guess Edmund got a bit bored watching me, since he wasn't there when I looked up. After a few more grunts, Edmund jumped in the pit holding a vine from the big tree.

I turned around and he saw me. The pit was small so our bodies were close to each other. Our faces, three inches away. We looked at each other face to face for what seemed to be forever.

I cleared my throat to break the silence. "W-what are you doing here? I d-don't need your help." I said trying to sound tough.

"Don't be silly. Hold on to me."  He said tugging the vine to make sure it wouldn't break.

I was still hesitant to hold on to him. He noticed the doubt in my face.

"Trust me. I would never let you fall." he said. His face was serious, his eyes focused on me.

That phrase sent butterflies in my stomach. My cheeks flushed into a bright red color. Edmund chuckled. I held on to him and laid my head on his chest as he climbed up the pit.

When were were both on higher ground, I turned to thank him but our faces were very much closer than I remember.

"You okay?" he asked me, not breaking his gaze.

"Yeah. Thanks" I said, not breaking my gaze either.

I notice movement from the top of the tree. It was Susan and Lucy watching us from above. Lucy was giggling, Susan was smiling. Edmund noticed them and we both jumped far from each other, hoping none of them witnessed what just happened. It was too late though. They had already started giggling. I smiled at them.

Edmund let me go on the ladder first. He followed behind. Susan and Lucy were instructed by Peter to fetch Edmund and I. We all entered the tree house. It was cozy, mainly wood. Stumpton, Peter and Tigris were sitting at a small, round table, talking about the Island Princess.

The four of us join the group on the table.

"What's your plan, High King Peter?" asked Stumpton. I could never get used to the labels.