6

Stumpton arrived back at the treehouse with five horses. One for each of us. I wasn't totally confident with the idea because I've never ridden a horse before.

Peter, Susan, Lucy, and Edmund climbed on top of their horses waiting for me to climb on mine.

"Well? Aren't you coming" asked Edmund as he faced his horse at me.

"Uh... I'm... new to this... I think I'll just walk." I said nervously as I looked at the horse.

"What are you looking at?" asked the horse. I gasped remembering what Susan said about talking animals. "Of course you talk." I say, annoyed.

Everyone laughed.

"I'm Trotter" said the horse who seemed to be a male. "I'll teach you how to ride as we go."

"That's a great idea!" said Lucy.

"Umm, o-okay." I say nervously as I try to climb on the horse.

After successfully climbing up the horse without fail, he started teaching me what to do.

"Pull the reigns to the left to go left, right to go right, pull back the reigns to stop, kick my stomach to run." said Trotter.

"Just... not too hard or I'll throw you off" he continued. 

"Okay" I giggled as I tried to figure out where the reigns were.

Edmund walked his horse beside mine
"The reigns are here." he said, handing me the reigns.

"Thanks" I say, getting the reigns.

Peter walked his horse in front of  ours, looked at us both, "Let's go." he said.

The ride was fun. Stumpton rode Tigris, which I don't think he was enjoying. I started getting used to riding Trotter, we were riding faster than everyone else. "I didn't expect you to get this comfortable that quick!" yelled Trotter as we ran off deeper into the forest. 

"Neither did I!" I answered looking back at everyone else, trying to catch up. Trotter and I went back to stay in line with the rest. 

"Sorry for going ahead but I am enjoying this ride." I panted while the rest slowed down.

"It is fun, isn't it?" Lucy said happily. "We never get to ride horses in Finchley." she continued.

. . .

*there were no tents!*

The ride was long, the horses were tired. We reached a beautiful area. A clear field with flowing rivers. The scent of natural Flora scattered the air.

"Camp Aslan!" exclaimed Lucy.

Suddenly, the ground shook. As if a stampede was happening at this very moment. Hundreds of creatures, big and small, flyers and non fliers, minotaurs and centaurus, Griffins, hyenas, cheetahs  walked towards us. They took one look at the Pevensies and bowed.