♤@Red_Leasia♤

She's one of the founders of City_of_Shadows, My Instagram buddy, and a Sci-fi lover, but besides all that, what else do you know about this Mama Bear? I can tell you one thing, she is authentic as they come and her Ig posts are a welcomed refresher(that's whenever I manage to catch her updates lol).

Don't worry though, we got the super busy Mama Bear to sit with us for a minute and it went down like this.

*#*

Hey Leasia, how are you doing?

Let's go with chaotically neutral

Let's go with chaotically neutral. It's been an interesting week.

Q. Leasia, why is that Science-Fiction is your favourite genre and what is so fascinating about it that you can't get enough?

Let's start with possibilities! Science Fiction has a way of becoming Science Fact. Growing up I read plenty of Science Fiction but one of my favorite authors early on was Jules Vern and his 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Back when this was published Submarines were quite primitive and the ideas of ocean-going vessels like Captain Nemo's Nautilus were almost an impossibility and yet today's Submarines have features described in a novel that was published in 1870. 

With all the advances in technology we're making in all fields it's amazing and terrifying at the same time the directions we're heading in. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing mankind head into space. 

Q. How does your faith life/ethical outlook impact your writing?

I grew up in a Christian Evangelical household but I can't say my parents were particularly serious about their faith. The questions I asked as far as "why do we believe this?" forms the backbone behind the stories. Even my AI characters struggle with the notions of "Why am I here? How did this all start?" I really love exploring the themes of guilt, love, honor, etc. in that respect. What is right and what is wrong? What is moral?

I also disagree with the notion that suddenly mankind will abandon religion and leap to the stars. I'm pretty sure that's one thing we'll carry forward no matter where we end up.  I like to explore the dynamics between faith in the unknown and science. A lot of science fiction shows/books that I've read seem to thrive on the idea that machines are the next step up and that upon reaching consciousness they'll become a destructive force, seeking to wipe out mankind because we are inferior. I simply like to challenge the notion that upon reaching consciousness, instead of killing us outright, they will ask the same questions we do.