*A Love Letter to Writers

Feature by: Estelle(elusive_6788)

Images provided by: Pinterest, LittleVee, Wattpad, Twitter, Instagram, and elusiveromance.com.

Hi everyone, welcome to June's Edition of A Love Letter to Writers with my gurl Estelle

Hi everyone, welcome to June's Edition of A Love Letter to Writers with my gurl Estelle. We already established June marks the starting of the hurricane season, but it also celebrates weddings and marriages...and so, Estelle has a few amazing ideas for you to consider. 

Dear writers,

Dear writers,

How are you doing with your stories? I'll be honest, and I'll admit that I've battled some storms and hurricanes. Whenever I feel like giving up, I remember that my grandfather (a ship captain) battled a hurricane while he was at sea, and he survived.

We can also survive the hurricanes when it comes to our stories.

Storming with books

Writing a book is like a marriage where there are storms and hurricanes, as well as sunshine. The sunny days are when the story breathes life through creativity: it becomes fruitful and fertile, and readers feel what authors feel. 

However, this type of creativity and life doesn't happen without storms and hurricanes. We all deal with the storms, but we also need to get past them to keep bringing life into our stories and not letting the thunders stifle our creativity.

1. Writer's block. Writer's block comes in different shapes and sizes. It doesn't necessarily mean having 'blank' periods where we sit and stare at our computer screens for hours.  It can also be a lack of motivation, or not feeling like you've got enough readers or support. Events in life, including family, work, and health issues can easily storm over our writing capacity, time, and creativity.

So, what do you do?

First of all, let's look at those 'blank' moments. I've sat in front of my screen for ages and only came up with a few words on a blank page. My blank page reflected my blank mind. Does that sound familiar?