《@Jazzy1983》

She has been with us earlier on in the year, but unlike last time, she's here as a gladiator. Give it up for the 2020 Winter Rose Awards Fantasy First Place Winner, Jasmine!

~♡~

FANTASY 2020 

FANTASY 2020 

Jazzy1983

Hey Jasmine, welcome back to Solace Magazine. 

Hi, Latty...Thank you so much again for this! I hope you are well. 

Q. To quote your judge: "Your entire cast is full of well-fleshed characters with wonderful dialogue. Your world-building is very nice as well. On top of it all, your story was creative and enjoyable." Do you feel like it's most important to have A) Strong characters B) Mind-blowing Plot twists or C) Epic settings?"

Oh, wow! What a huge compliment. Thank you to the judge! So, my order of preference would probably be strong characters, epic settings and then mind-blowing plot twists. I tend to grow attached to immersive slow-burn stories that have characters that become my friends (or enemies) and settings that make me itch to travel. 

Q. What have you been up to since our last interview with you along with your latest project?

I have been very busy at work and trying to chisel away at my first draft of the Carnelian Way in time to enter it in the Wattys. In fact, I had hoped to be tidying it up by now, but I think I'll be struggling to get the first draft done. 

Q

Q. What's the one thing you could never see yourself giving up on for a month?

Black tea! After that, chilli and wine.

Q. What do you normally engage yourself in whenever you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed?

I love to exercise—jogging, Pilates or surfing. It really helps me regulate my emotions

Q. If you had to describe the protagonist of The Carnelian Way in three words, what would those three words be?

She is brave, brainwashed and rebellious—it's a hard balance to get across.