¤@Voyageavecmoi¤

She's practically a residency judge of the WRA, one, I'm happy to have. Solace Magazine, ladies and gentlemen give a warm welcome to the 2020 Winter Rose Awards Mystery/Thriller Fiction Champion,  Sarah!

 Solace Magazine, ladies and gentlemen give a warm welcome to the 2020 Winter Rose Awards Mystery/Thriller Fiction Champion,  Sarah!

*#*

Hiya hun, how are you doing? Let's get this show on the road :).

Hi Latty, 😊.

Q. Tell us a little about how Remember Me first came to be. Did it start with an image, a voice, a concept, a dilemma or something else?  'Remember Me' was written for the Open Novella Contest which offers prompts to use in a brand new story. My prompt involved making a living from selling other people's memories. I was drawn to the idea but it took a few weeks of brainstorming potential plot lines to decide I wanted to write something with a mysterious vibe. I couldn't resist throwing a dystopian society in the mix and making creators these struggling yet crafty people attempting to climb the ladder in an unfair society. I based their trade a bit off of bloggers or Instagrammers who create this whole online life and presence that's quite false to sell to their audience who in this case are the Uppers who fit right into that upper class. Here they have memory specialists like my character Solara who air-brush the memories so they're fit for consumption. Each part of the Upper and Lower society has a biased view of each other which works in the favour of the oppressors.

For anyone who's never tried Open Novella Contest, it runs from February to early May and you have that time to reach certain milestones toward a 20-40k word novella. The best part is all the support and the people you meet as you participate. I can't recommend it enough, and then you end up with another story for your collection too!

Q. Sarah, what research methods have been most fruitful for you?  It depends on what I'm writing. For some of the research about the brain scanning technology in 'Remember Me,' I was led to some TED talks that were quite helpful. I gravitate toward articles but will do videos if that's where the information is. A lot of the technology in the story is complete fiction, but I enjoy basing it off of technology that's not far off in the future.

I also do a lot of travel writing or write books based abroad and I'll use other tools like pictures, google street-view, Tripadvisor, travel or ex-pat blogs and vlogs, and cooking vlogs to enrich my other stories.