Chapter 28

Jennie ended up sleeping in the car on the way back home and when they reached, Lisa just smiled warmly at her before carrying her up to the bedroom gently, not wanting to disturb her.

She wanted to wake her girlfriend up for a shower but when the events earlier came flashing in her mind, she decided not to.

Jennie was peacefully snoring as Lisa took a bath herself, in which she afterwards helped the brunette change into a comfortable oversized tee before laying herself back in the bed.

Lisa wrapped her arms smoothly around Jennie and grabbed the sheets to pull it over the both of them.

"Goodnight baby." She whispered, taking in her sweet scent before placing a soft kiss on Jennie's lips and snuggling her close.

When she closed her eyes, she heard a faint "I love you." from Jennie. To tell how loud that was was barely even a whisper.

And so she grinned herself to sleep.

When was a time you've ever felt happy? Just think about it. The more you search for happiness deliberately, the more it doesn't seem to exist. And the time you thought you were already happy might just end up as self-deception. That was what happened with Kai. And then again with the Lisa situation, sometimes rather, most people don't ever realise when they're truly happy at that instant. It's only when that moment has passed, do they realise that was it. That was something you've subconsciously been searching for.

Jennie had never expected everything that happened with Lisa to happen. Well she wasn't exactly searching for her happiness since she already thought Kai was hers, until Lisa came along.

It was a vast difference, to be happy and to be truly happy. It meant to be tremendously, sincerely, exceptionally, exceedingly, immensely, legitimately happy. Ecstatic and blissful, that sometimes even words can't explain, even actions can't describe and even nothing can. You just know it, and you just feel it.

To simplify that, it meant to be very gay.

Jennie was thinking about this as she woke up to a chilly morning. Though the sun was bright and eye piercing, the wind was breezy. She opened her eyes to find the bedsheets dragged at the edge of the bed to the floor so she pulled it over them.

She examined Lisa's face as she shifted in the bed to face her.

The girl had her mouth slightly open, small breaths sounding out in a steady momentum. Jennie's eyes traced from Lisa's long appealing eyelashes, to her pointy nose that was glowing against the sunlight, to her plump, luscious lips.

Hearing her light snores was probably the cutest thing, because Lisa always felt like the kind to protect her and this was in turn— sweet.

She almost forgot the fact that Lisa was her boss at her workplace since she asked her out, and now, just thinking about it made the brunette feel natural somehow. It was like Lisa never forced her status or abused her authority against her just because she was boss.

Yes. This was definitely the person the brunette wanted to spend the rest of her lives with. This was surely the person she'd want to take care of and grow old with till time permits.

This was the person she wants to love forever, if there was forever.

Jennie had been in her own thoughts all morning and she thought it would be better to explain this situation to her parents, the quicker the better.

CEO Of NexWarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara