Chapter 21

Over the span of the next few days, Jennie has been locking herself up in the office, intrigued in designing her characters and texture packs for the game that Lisa promised to develop.

It was probably the most fascinating thing that she spent time on out of the many things in life and with Lisa along the way, it felt like anything was possible.

The fact that it was Lisa guiding her to achieve this dream of hers made it more special.

"Wait, wait no, remove the pixel here."

"Why? It looks better like this."

"You're making the uzi look like a hand cannon! It's not supposed to look so fat!"

"But you wanted me to help you design a pink pea splitter gun that shoots pink peas so it's supposed to look rounder! It looks thin without the pixels here."

"No, it looks fine to me!"

"Fine," Lisa abruptly stood up from her desk, "Suit yourself." With that, she stride for the office door, only stopping in her tracks to look back when Jennie called after her.

"Where are you going? We're not done!"

"I'm leaving so you can design in peace without me raging over how it looks. Just text me when you're done."

"But you're supposed to help me." Jennie pouted as her voice softened.

"Our opinions differ too much so I can't stand to watch it."

"What's wrong with you? It's supposed to be my game, why are you getting mad over how it looks?"

"It's just hard for me to envision your cutesy game concept the way you do considering that it's not actually a cutesy game since there're GUNS and all." The CEO replied, sighing deeply as she realised that they spent a long time working on the textures that she was famished and exhausted.

She turned to leave again but winced when the brunette yelled from across the room.

"No, you come back here Lisa! You can't just leave me like that, I don't really know how to use this software yet!"

Lisa groaned and compressed her temper before stuffing her hands into her pocket and making her way back. She crashed down on her seat and crossed her arms with her eyes shut and stayed in that position.

But after awhile of sitting there unconscious to her surroundings, she heard the clicking sounds from Jennie's mouse stop, followed by a wave of silence for a good five seconds.

"So are you just going to sit there and sleep? What's the point of even being here then?"

The brunette sounded pressed and that annoyed Lisa even more, given that she was already feeling fatigue enough.

"I have a meeting later, Jennie. Give me a break." Lisa pleaded lowly, still closing her eyes.

"No you do not! You're just giving a stupid excuse to ignore me."

"Oh my god Jennie, just let me rest! It's not like I'm disturbing you or anything like that."

Offended, Jennie shifted in her seat uncomfortably and switched the laptop off in an instant before turning away from Lisa and heading for the door. When the CEO heard the button click, her eyes snapped open instantaneously, flickering back and forth from the laptop and Jennie's back moving further away from her.

"Wha- why'd you do that?! You didn't even save the progress in the software!"

The progress that they've spent the entire day on.