Chapter 9

"Y'all are back! I was getting really lonely." Jisoo pouted cheekily as she watched the two walk out of the lift towards Lisa's office.

"You're getting married next month Jisoo. What's there to be lonely about?" Lisa laughed, making her way first with Jennie following behind.

"Rude." Jisoo grumbled before ignoring them and doing her work.

The rest of the day went by quickly and Lisa didn't have anything else for Jennie so fortunately she could go home for the day without having to follow her boss around.

Jennie skipped home with the bag of Chanel goods in hand and was questioned multiple times by her parents about it, Alice too, before she gave a simple excuse of "Kai sent these from London" and had a warm shower.

She hadn't called Kai for two days, but they've texted and he was very busy so it was hard to make a call.

She did miss him, but she didn't miss him as much as she thought she would. It wasn't as bad as expected, and Jennie wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. Because missing her fiancé meant she needed him, and not missing him that much would probably mean... she didn't need him as much as she thought.

Jennie decided to shake the thought out of her head, as she lied on her bed quietly, thinking about how her day went. She surprisingly smiled when she was reminded of lunch with Lisa.

__________

The next few days of the rest of the week went by almost the same. Lisa always made Jennie grab lunch with her that the brunette was starting to get used to it. Jennie and Jisoo also took some time out after work to have some bitch talk like friends would and they gradually got to know each other better.

Kai's car was repaired, but Jennie still decided to take the bus to her company everyday because she was used to taking public transports by now. And it saved cost too.

Jennie had attended one simple conference meeting with Lisa and it was nerve-wrecking for her although all she had to do was stand by while her boss did the talking.

The secretary started to admire the fact that Lisa was cheeky most of the times but could be really serious when it came to work with clients. And she learnt to respect her for that.

She also caught Lisa staring at her once in a while during work, but it didn't really bother her. She was just glad her boss treated her like a friend.

"What do I have after four in the afternoon today? I remember I had something but I forgot." Lisa asked from across the office and Jennie adjusted herself upright to answer her boss.

"Meeting with the visual designer team at 4.30pm and then that's it for the day."

"Okay, cool. I'm so tired right now." Lisa yawned, slumping in her chair while stretching her long arms. Sometimes, Jennie forgets that her boss could be such a baby. She smiled in response to Lisa's lazy attitude and continued typing away on her laptop.

"Why are you tired? Your schedule is literally empty for the next month." Jennie giggled.

"Really?" Lisa jumped out of her chair.

"Yeah, Jisoo just sent me your calendar. You have some meetings here and there but it's mostly just contract meetings."

"Contract meetings are the best." Lisa smiled.

"Yeah you just have to sign them and go."

"Alright then, let's go."

The brunette frowned in confusion.

"You can come along for the designer team meeting with me." Lisa said, clearing her throat as she stood up with her laptop in hand.

"Really?!" Jennie's eyes sparkled. The CEO said the secretary had to come along to every meeting with her, but she didn't let Jennie come to the visual designer ones because it was where fresh, unapproved ideas were developed and proposed. It was solely for the CEO to review and no one else could, even the employees in the team had to keep their crafts confidential.

"Yes, you can listen to their ideas and give me feedback, maybe learn from them a little so if I transfer you over to their team you would know what you're doing. Just don't leak the propositions." Lisa chuckled.

"Thank you boss, I won't disappoint you." Jennie squealed before following Lisa when she signalled her to.

The meeting went smoothly and Jennie observed how professional all of the employees were as they presented their ideas. She was almost daydreaming when Lisa snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Let's go for dinner." She said as she left the room with a dazed Jennie.

They said goodbye to Jisoo and grabbed their stuff as they entered Lisa's car. The night city lights never failed to impress Jennie. She really liked the atmosphere night brought to her. She's never been out of the country since she was sixteen and the night skies made her feel like she was overseas.

Lisa was craving some chinese food today so she took a thirty minutes drive down to the central city to a fancy restaurant. The night skies were even prettier here than back at Gangnam where Jennie lived so she was more fascinated to say.

"Table for two."

They had a discussion about the propositions from the meeting previously and Lisa was contented to see Jennie intrigued, and giving constructive feedbacks about them.

Both had completely different preferences for the new game ideas and ended up in a heated debate but as soon as the food arrived, it was instantly forgotten.

Jennie was having the time of her lives eating all sorts of dumplings they had at the restaurant and Lisa was almost getting triggered watching dumpling fillings drip out of the brunettes mouth. Yet she couldn't help to adore her instead.

Now that she gave it some thought, her cheeks did resemble dumplings...

"Slow down Jennie, you're eating too fast." Lisa laughed, "We can order more if you want to?"

"This is soooo good, what the heck is this luxury?" The brunette mumbled with dumplings in her mouth like a child and smiled at Lisa before stuffing more food in her mouth.

"Relax, we can come back here again if you want to." The CEO grinned widely at the girl she was getting attached to each day by day.

"Boss is the best." Jennie muttered and kept quiet for the rest of the meal until they had to leave.

"You're going to get real fat if you keep this up, and don't blame me for it." Lisa teased as they stepped out of the restaurant together, heading for the car.

"Say boss, you were the one that brought me to this restaurant though." Jennie retorted with a cheeky smile while rubbing her bloated stomach.

"But I wasn't the one who gobbled everything down, was I?"

"Thank you for the meal, Lisa."

Jennie wanted to walk back home from the nearest bus stop and requested Lisa to drop her off there but Lisa refused and wanted to drop her off right at her house to be safe. However after disputes, they decided to go with Jennie's request because Lisa just didn't want to argue with her.

Jennie soon got off the car and closed the door, looking back at Lisa through the window with a wave goodbye.

"Text me when you reach home alright?" Lisa delicately said as she glanced back at the brunette.

"And why would I even do that? No." Jennie rolled her eyes before turning away and not looking back at all.

"She's so damn annoying." Lisa mumbled to herself with a sigh but smiled at the thought of her afterwards.