Chapter 30

Rolling her gaming chair around her office drilled and fatigue, Lisa awaited for Jennie's arrival to work or at least a phone call, maybe text from her but it didn't come. It's been three hours since they were away from each other and Lisa was starting to feel very tedious.

She missed her and she just wanted a hug but it made her worry somehow.

Talking to her parents most likely wouldn't go for as long as three hours, so there was definitely something wrong. Or if it did went on for that long, Jennie would have at least texted.

Lisa rolled back to her desk and snatched her phone from the edge, going online to text Jennie when she saw her last seen.

9.23am.

Odd.

And now was already 11am.

She pressed the call button and put the phone to her ear, in hopes she would pick up. The ringing sounds went on and on, but it never connected her to another line.

Lisa was feeling uneasy at this point, as she swiftly stood up and grabbed her coat with her, wanting to make way to Jennie's house as soon as possible.

Just then, the phone she was grasping onto tightly vibrated, making her jolt up and look to see who was calling.

Unknown.

Her eyebrows curved in uncertainty but she answered the call anyways.

"Hello?"

[Hi is this Miss Manoban? We're calling from Gangnam Severance Hospital here.]

As soon as she heard hospital, Lisa's heart starting beating anxiously. "Yes is it, what happened?"

[Just to check, do you know a person named Jennie Kim? If so, how are you related to her?]

"Y-yes, she's my girlfriend."

[That's great, we're calling to inform you that Miss Kim passed out earlier this morning and she was sent to the hospital by her parents. Could you perhaps make it to the hospital today?]

"I'm on my way," Lisa muttered as she dashed out of her office to the carpark and into her car. "Is she okay?"

[Yes, she's in a stable condition. She's already awake and resting in her wardroom and actually requested for us to call you because she wants to see you. Thank you for your time.]

Lisa didn't notice the nurse over the phone hanging up as she was speeding her way to the hospital that she almost exceeded the speed limit on the highway.

When she got there, the nurse that was on call with her previously was sitting at the counter patiently.

"Miss Manoban?" She asked.

"Yes that's me. Which room is she in?"

"Room 239. Just go straight down the hallway and then turn right, she's in the third room on the left aisle."

There was nothing too serious to be worried about to be honest, since Jennie just passed out and was already awake. Lisa thought she probably was caught up in like a car accident or something much more worst. But just because it was a simple faint didn't mean Lisa wasn't concerned.

In fact, she didn't know why she was overly agitated.

It felt unusual that Jennie would just pass out like that with no reason so that made her anxious.

Lisa found the room quickly and went in without knocking out of eagerness and frustration to see her. She saw Jennie's parents sitting on a coach at the corner of the room and when they all turned to look who came, she was slightly embarrassed. She thought Jennie already told about them to her parents so she just awkwardly stood there.