Chapter 11

The wedding ceremony came to an end and the guests were now lingering around the place, drinking and chatting. Lisa and Jennie had met Jisoo and they wanted to spend time together but Jisoo and her husband had to leave for their honeymoon planned in Hawaii so they left after sending their well wishes.

Lisa hadn't felt very well seeing Jennie looking very bothered throughout the entire night. She didn't even know what to say to her because Jennie told her to 'leave her alone'.

It was 8pm, and Lisa felt it was still early so she decided to bring Jennie to play, perhaps cheer her up although she didn't know what was going on with the brunette.

The noise of chatters around the wedding hall got loud and people were getting drunk. It looked funny because there were middle aged relatives stumbling over tables.

"You wanna get out of here?" Lisa whispered to Jennie's ears as she leaned in.

"The dinner isn't even over yet." Jennie muttered.

"Well but it's not like you're even eating anything right?"

Jennie looked at her plate, Lisa was right. She hadn't even touched her lobster, or soup, or anything at all. All she did was take a small bite of a tofu, and that was it. She'd promise herself not to ruin the night since it was Jisoo's wedding but she did because she couldn't keep the Kai problem off her mind and now she was mad at herself.

She noticed Lisa getting real silent after she told her to leave her alone, and it wasn't nice seeing her usually active boss go quiet.

Lisa watched as Jennie stared at her food and not reply.

"Come on, let's go."

Lisa grabbed Jennie's hand as she led her out of the venue towards her Ferrari. She felt her own heart flutter when she touched Jennie, but mentally told herself to control her emotions just for the rest of the night.

"Where are you taking me?" Jennie softly asked as she looked out of the window.

"You'll see."

Lisa parked her car and got down, Jennie following as well without much clue of where she is. Lisa wanted to hold the brunettes hand, but she didn't want to do it just yet so she headed out first.

They arrived at a park, with people around flying kites, and neon light drones which made the park cozy. There wasn't too many people around so Jennie felt more comfortable.

"Why are we here?" She questioned, glancing around to admire the scenery.

"I'm taking you somewhere so that you'll feel better." Lisa was sure Jennie would love it when they reached because she observed how the girl really enjoyed the night view. Tonight was perfect, the weather was slightly cold but it was endurable.

"You don't have to do that." Jennie sulked as she rubbed her hands together. Lisa peeked at her for a moment and immediately took off her trench coat, passing it to Jennie.

"It's okay to not be fine, Jennie. I just figured you needed some space, away from people." Lisa smiled as she held the coat out, and the girl took it reluctantly. But she smiled back.

"I'm sorry, for ruining tonight." Jennie glanced to Lisa as their eyes found each other. "I told myself not to be like this, but I'm being stupid."

The CEO stared at her for a good second, "You're not stupid." she said sincerely.

"But if you're really sorry, promise me you'll feel better after tonight."

"I'll try."

It became windy, which made the night chillier. Thankfully, Jennie had Lisa's coat on, if not she might catch a cold by the end of the night. Lisa on the other hand was starting to shiver but didn't want Jennie to give her coat back so she just endured it.