Chapter 25 [M]

Jennie skipped towards her house after secretly watching Lisa's car go.

Is this what cheating on someone feels like?

Part of her was guilty for doing this behind Kai's back, but part of her felt happier than she used to be. Very happy.

Maybe this was the life she wanted, maybe she was too hell-bent on having a secured love life with Kai that some other needs were forgotten.

Well Lisa never lost out to Kai, she was richer, funnier, kinder, basically an ideal. But what was different was the fact that being with Lisa felt more complete. Kai had never actually put effort in Jennie's family, but Lisa did. The way Lisa did things, the way Lisa treated her did show her love. Jennie felt the devotion Lisa put in ever since she met her, and has long forgotten about Kai's.

The brunette let out a sigh as she entered her house, but stumbled a little when she felt pain in between her legs and for a second her mom thought she was crippled.

She went for a warm shower and lied on her bed, smiling to herself like a mad woman when she remembered, she now had a girlfriend.

If you don't dream of me tonight, you're a scam.

Smiling herself to sleep, that phrase repeated in her head brought her sweet slumber.

__________

The next morning came by, and Jennie woke up with aches all over her lower abdomen. It was still endurable, so she got ready to go to work. But when she got out of her room, she saw Lisa sitting in her living room, chattering along with her parents.

It was an interesting sight to see but Jennie quickly snapped out of her smile. She cleared her throat the closer she got to them and the three immediately turned their gaze to her.

"Oh, Jennie dear. We were just talking with Lisa." Susan enthusiastically exclaimed as she gestured for her daughter to come. Her heart started beating fast when she was under Lisa's affectionate stares from across the house.

"Well I can see that." Jennie mumbled.

"She said she's here to fetch you to work because you guys have a conference all the way at... Myeong dong? Was it?" Susan said.

Jennie raised her eyebrow for a second in confusion, because that was not in Lisa's schedule as she remembered. But when she saw her boss or rather, girlfriend, wink at her, she subtly nod her head at her parents.

"You girls should get going then, drive safe." Richard smiled at Lisa as the parents rushed the both of them out the door.

"Bye Lisa! Come again!" Susan waved delightedly while Richard smiled awkwardly.

"Don't pressurise her honey." He whispered as he pulled his wife into the house.

"See you when I see you, ahjumma and ahjussi." Lisa bowed with a smile before they heard the door shut behind them.

"Why are you here so early in the morning?" Jennie questioned with a raise in her tone.

"You heard your mom, to fetch you. What else?" Lisa shrugged as they walked to her car across the road.

"But you don't even have a conference at Myeong dong today?"

"Well okay, that one was my bad." Lisa chuckled when she received a slap from Jennie on her shoulder.

"Why'd you lie?" Jennie grumbled as she glared at the girl.

Lisa glanced at Jennie only to find her scowling at her face, "Do you really have to go all grumpy on me first thing in the morning?"