1-hunderteinundvierzig

Kita lets go from the hug, and he already missed the warmth she gave. He took off the gloves and wiped the tears from her rosy cheeks.

"There, there. I'm here, okay? Don't worry."

Her gaze staring at everything but him. She doesn't want to meet his eyes, clearly aware that she could've just fall to his gaze again if she did.

They walk together to find a place to warm up their body. Kita's arm around her body, rubbing it down so she doesn't get cold. (y/n) stuffed her hands to her coat's pocket, silently scolding herself for not bringing any gloves.

A small convenience shop standing brightly at the end of the street, and his eyes glimed with relief, rushing her to walk faster so they can find something to warm up their body. (y/n) refused to come in the shop, rather waited outside alone. A few minutes later, Kita come back with two cups of hot americano. He handed the cup to her, which she accepted silently, not daring herself to speak.

"How's your life going?" He asked softly.

No answer. He kinda expected it, since it was his fault for not telling her about his sudden arrival. She must be feeling upset. Nevertheless, he's still happy to see her again.

"I really miss you. Even after you...harshly rejected me, I couldn't move on. Silly, right?"

"Yeah." She whispered under her breath.

The night, is still young. Clouds covered stars; the bright sky turned to the dull one.

"Do you still love me?"

He sipped his coffee, not caring that it burns his tongue.

"I never stop.

I buried those feelings deep down in my heart, but it's always there. Not going anywhere."

"I... really don't love you."

"I understand."

"Do you want to know why?"

He chuckled, always desperate to know the reason of her answer from his confession a few years ago yet he never got any words from her. Most likely, it's the right time to know about it, right?

"Of course."

"I feel infatuated with you."

"Wh-what...."

(y/n) opened her hand to feel something cold and damp touched her palm. Snowflakes falling from the sky, admiring the beautiful sight in front of her.

"At first, I really thought I loved you, but alas, I didn't. I never was."

He looks down, the disappoiintment building up to his heart. There's no more chance for him.

"But I guess, we could try again. If you want."

Kita widened his eyes and stared at her, which she only replied by a nod. He rummaging through his pockets to find a gift for her.

"Hey."

"Hm?"

Her eyes moves to see him open a small red velvet box, a beautiful diamond ring shining brightly under the grey sky.

"Your father asked me to give you this."

"I... uh... erm..."

"Just keep it, okay?"

--

infatuated
adj.

/ɪnˈfætʃ.u.eɪ.tɪd/

having a very strong but not usually lasting feeling of love or attraction for someone or something;