acht

Today's school is coming to the end. Students scatter away, but (y/n) stayed in her seat. Ayumi stood up and looked at her confused.

"You're not going home?"

"I'm... well, you can go ahead."

"Okay, then. Cheer's practice not start yet, so I head home. Text me when you're home. See you, (y/n)!"

After Ayumi left, (y/n) opens her journal again. She didn't write anything, just doodled and making quotes and aesthetic symbols. Her mind is somewhere else.

She get up and leaving the classroom, sighed to herself. Then, her phone beeps. There's a new email.

4.09 p.m.
From: Miya, Atsumu
Subject: oyyy
Hiii (y/n). I know school just ended,
and I was wondering if you're free?

4.12 p.m.
From: (y/n)
Subject: Re: oyyy
I'm afraid not. I had something
to do.

4.12 p.m.
From: Miya, Atsumu
Subject: :(
awh so sad! I was hoping to
spend my time with you today.
[Read]

She put her phones to her bag, not caring to reply. She headed to the first gym, where volleyball club practicing.

Sounds of shoes, balls and yelling echo to outside. She knocked it twice and slide open the door. All the attentions go to her. She's very aware of the stares, almost run away if Komori didn't call her name.

"(y/n)!" He waved happily. She nodded and go to the nearest bench, Komori followed after.

"I wasn't expecting you to come."

"Sakusa did invite me."

"He did?"

(y/n) nodded, and Komori chuckled.

That's unusual for him.

Sakusa just come out from the changing room, looking at her and immediately go to her.

"Thank you for coming. You can stay here or go to the bleachers."

"I'd go to the bleachers, then. I'm afraid if the ball maybe knocked on me."

Komori go to the changing room because Sakusa is the first one who used it, scare if anyone else contamined it. They awkwardly stood in front of each other.

"Talk to you later, (y/n)."

She nodded. As he was turned and about to walk,

"Good luck on your game."

Sakusa blushed, luckily she didn't see it. He just walk away. (y/n) sits on the second row bleachers. And it's not too loud apart from the volleyball practice, until some girls come in and joined her in the bleachers.

She quickly learned that they're the fangirls. Squealing and cheering for the boys–of course mostly for Sakusa–and (y/n) feels bothered. She can't take the noises, and decided to left the gym.

Sakusa focused on the game, then his eyes searching for (y/n)'s existence. He spots her at the door, slides it open and left. He watched until she disappeared, missing his ball.

"Sakusa!" his teammates yelled.

"No need to shout. I'm right here."

"Yeah but your mind is somewhere else. Just focus on the game."

He tried, really hard. But the thought of (y/n)'s leaving really bothers him.

Is she not a fan of sport? Why'd she leave?