1-hundertfünfzehn

After chitchatting, (y/n) bought the cake and excused herself to leave. She goes to the commuter station, waiting for the next train to come. However, she doesn't take the rute to her place, rather going the opposite.

Should I do it...now?

She opened her phone, checking every texts that Kita sent to her, yet she replied to none of it. She pondered for a moment before typing some words.

8 p.m.
From: (l/n), (y/n)
Subject: hello
Do you want to meet?

8.01 p.m.
From: Kita, Shinsuke
Subject: sure
Gosh, where have you been, (y/n)?
I haven't heard anything from you.
I'll go to your apartment

8.05 p.m.
From: (l/n), (y/n)
Subject: no need
I'm already at your station

She turned off her phone, not bothering to wait for a reply. A few minutes later, someone called her name.

"(y/n)!"

"Hey."

He bends to the knee, holding up his hand signaling her to wait while he's catching his breath. Sounds of the train behind them filling up the air, causing a distraction from her running thoughts.

"Would you like to walk?"

"Sure."

They leave the station to walk to the same park as before. She puts the box on the ground beside the swings, and sits on it.

"So, what is it? You were avoiding me for the whole week and then asking for a meet?"

"Actually, Shinsuke..."

"Yes?"

"I can't accept your confession."

He drops his shoulders, his eyes widening at her sudden outburst.

"Wh-what?"

"I never liked you in the first place."

Kita tried to be as calm as possible but it's not working, his heart racing very fast, and his mind wondering the possibilities of why would she said that.

"You were being so nice because you helped me many times and I had to return the favor."

"But, you said you loved... me..? Did you lie?"

"That's right. I lied. Heh. You're so stupid, and you should've known it by yourself."

He dropped his head, fists clenching on his side. He tried to refrain any tears to fall, holding himself together. It's breaking his heart to hear that the only one he loves beside his grandmother actually betrayed him for real.

"This is a joke, right? Right?"

"I never joked about my feelings."

"I thought you were being serious when you said you wanted me to stay."

"I could've just do that to anyone else, even Atsumu."

He whimpered, not daring himself to speak anymore. His lips trembling slightly, no words come out from his mouth, just sniffles.

Never in a million years, he ever crying over something stupid-aside from the fact that he actually crying when he became a captain-let alone his feelings take over him.

"Don't leave me..." his voice croaked out, reaching out his hand to her, only for her to slap it away.

"Just, don't."

"Please don't hurt me like this..."

The silence took over the atmosphere, meaning that it will be the answer to his plea.