siebenundachtzig

Never. ever. in her whole life, (y/n) fell in love with such mesmerizing eyes. She stares deeply, unconsciously leaning closer, lost in his mysterious yet intriguing gaze. Consolidation of million shades of blue, green, and grey, with pure black pupils, makes her enchanted, gaining her full attention.

She leans closer and more, not aware of the gap between her and him that becomes smaller, almost touching with each other. Kita doesn't mind, in fact, he's nervous by the sudden proximity with her, but he doesn't pull away.

"(Y/N)!!!" Ayumi yells to her.

She blinked a few times before comprehending the situation, her nose almost touching his and she could feel his breath. Just a mere inch before their lips meet. She widened her eyes and backed away instantly.

"whAaaaA! I-i'm s-soy-s-sorry!" She spluttered words of apologies to him, mixer still on her grip. Thankfully it's not turned on or it'll scatter the batter everywhere.

"It's,... okay." He take a step back and rubbed the nape of his neck groggily.

Ayumi watched closely, almost losing herself when (y/n) leaned closer to him. She thought of million possibilities if they kissed (keyword: if), and every outcome is negative. She sighed in relief and put her head to the marble table, trying to calm down her nerves. We never know what's on her mind, right? Shinsuke's grandmother chuckled at her, didn't help at all.

Cooking becomes awkward because of the incident earlier, and time passed slowly. (y/n) makes two coffee cupcakes with caramel frosting and shredded chocolate on top, since she never knew what's his favorite dessert. Maybe she should ask him about it. While Ayumi makes various kinds of chocolates, from plain milk chocolate to peppermint and orange, in many shapes.

"It's done!" Ayumi chirped and put her hands on her hips, looking at her handmade sweets proudly. It has to be chilled for a hour before she can put in the box.

(y/n) struggling with the frosting, her hands trembling slightly. She doesn't want to mess things up, because it's her first time to give a v-day gift, especially to Sakusa Kiyoomi.

"Do you need help?"

"Uhhh, y-yeah."

She expected him to take the pipping bag from her. Instead, he stands behind her and wraps his hands around her body, clasping her hands and bend down a little so his chin almost touching her shoulder. She looks to the side, getting a close sight of his face.

"You have to twist it like this, okay?"

Shinsuke showed her how to do it, but she doesn't move. His eyes move to meet hers, and once again, she falls in love with his eyes. But it didn't last long when she turned to follow his lead, placing the frosting on top of the cupcake.

"There. It's not so bad, isn't it?"

"Y-yeah."

She gripped the empty piping bag to her chest, trying to calm down her pounding heartbeat.

What is this feeling about?