sechsundachtzig

"Why are we going at this hour? Aren't we gonna disturb them?"

"Because the day is tomorrow, (y/n)! How can you not notice about it? Also, Kita said we can go!"

(y/n) glanced at her watch, showing the date today, it's really friday the 13th. Well, it's not like they have school tomorrow-oh yeah maybe there's volleyball practice or something. She sighed and opened her phone, maybe she could play something to kill time.

6.49 p.m.
From: my omi♡
Subject: where u @
Already home?

6.55 p.m.
From: (l/n), (y/n)
Subject: no
We haven't arrived, yet.

7.00 p.m.
From: my omi♡
Subject: geez
what the hell r u up to?

7.01 p.m.

From: (l/n), (y/n)
Subject: hm?
It's a secret.

7.05 p.m.
From: my omi♡
Subject: ugh
Just go home as soon as
u r done. Don't make me
come & get u.
[Read]

"Kita!"

Ayumi shouted when arrived at the station.

"Hello, Sakamaki, and (l/n)."

"Hello, to you too, Shinsuke."

"Hehe! Sorry I made you wait, there was a technical problem with the commuter."

"No worries. I just got here a few minutes ago. Let's go."

He walks ahead of them, and Ayumi had to grip her best friend's shoulder and whispering something.

"FIRST NAME BASIS ALREADY WITH KITA!? I'VE BEEN HIS FRIENDS SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HE NEVER EVER LET ME CALL HIM BY HIS FIRST NAME??!1!?" She whisper-yelled.

"First...name?"

"Of course!"

(y/n) stunned before she looked down and contemplating something in her mind.

Shinsuke... is his first name?

They arrived at his house, and he opened it to let them in. An old lady wearing a kimono comes out from a room and smiled at them.

"Shin-chan, you're home. Are they your friends?"

"Yes, granny. This is my friend from middle school, Sakamaki Ayumi and the other one is my new friend, (l/n) (y/n)."

"Oh, I remember you! You must be the girl who broke his crafts in middle school, right?"

Ayumi blushed in embarrassment and nodded shyly.

"Hello, I'm (y/n). Nice to meet you, m'am." She bowed awkwardly.

"You're so beautiful! Are you his girlfriend?"

"Eh, um... No..."

"Granny." Kita said in a firm voice. But she just chuckled.

She leads three of them to the kitchen, he walks beside her while talking. (y/n) noticed the tips of his ears became pink, but he doesn't seem flustered, rather keep calm and collected. Mostly like Osamu.

Ingredients already sprawled on the marble table, along with the tools to cook. Her grandmother explained how to make many variants of sweets. For the whole time, it's not that serious, sometimes become playful, cracking jokes here and there.

(y/n) put the mixer in the bowl, and turn it on. She jumped from the sudden vibration and sound, almost dropping the mixer. But, Kita already catches it with both of his hands. She looks up to meet eyes with him, stayed like that for quite a long time.

Ocean eyes...