vierundsiebzig

Time passed and it's already Monday. Sakusa hasn't replied any messages from her, also, when she visited his house with Komori and Ayumi yesterday, he wasn't home.

(y/n) walks to the school alone, humming to herself. A few minutes later, her phone beeped.

6.30 a.m.
From: Miya, Osamu
Subject: hey
Can I see you?

6.45 a.m.
From: (l/n), (y/n)
Subject: yeah
Meet me at the station

Usually, she already on her way to the school around this time, but Osamu asked to meet. She waited at the platform while looking at the commuters, going back and forth. She doesn't notice his presence until he dropped his head on her shoulder from behind.

"Don't. Please let me stay like this for a while."

unconsciously, she ruffled his hair until it gets messy, get her revenge because he used to do that to her since middle school. He didn't say anything, which same as usual. She moved his head and turned around, and for the first time ever, he looked like a mess. Totally.

He wears a mask, but it doesn't cover his purple-and-bruised eye, and few cuts on his forehead. She grabbed the mask and pull it down, revealing the whole wound on his face.

If Osamu got beaten up this bad, what about Omi...

(y/n) touches his cheek, a large gash covering his cheekbone. He winced in pain and she immediately pull away before he hold it, and nuzzle to her hand.

"Hmmm..."

" 'S-samu, p-please let go of my h-hand.."

"You put it on my cheek first."

"I-i just want to f-feel it..."

"Then, would you feel my love for you, too?"

Of course she doesn't answer. The officer announces the upcoming train, forcing (y/n) to retract her hand, much to his dismay. She walks ahead to the train, and he followed behind.

Along the way, (y/n) keep silent, despite that he's always find something to talk about. They arrived at her school, and she bowed slightly before turned to leave him.

"Why won't you look at me, (l/n)?"

"I can't-"

"Can not or do not want to?"

"I-i have to go,"

"Just so you know, I won't give up."

He left the place. It's only her, standing all alone. She closed her eyes, trying not to let any tears fall. She's scared. She doesn't want to ruin everything. She just want to have a normal life. Aren't we all so?

Something put on her shoulder. She looks up to see Sakusa, his jacket covering her body. The tears already fell, catching his attention.

"I'll walk you to the class."

He walks in front of her, a little further than usual. She observed him from behind. He wears a mas as well, and his eyes,.. if you look closer, you could see it's swollen and damp.

In front of her class, he stopped her from taking off the jacket.

"Keep it. I'll see you later at lunch."

"Okay."