1-hundertzehn

"S-sorry, just forget what I said. It's probably just slipped out."

He waved a hand, dismissing the sudden question. She just smiled and put her phone inside her bag.

"Let's get lunch?"

"Sure. Where do you want to eat?"

"Actually, I really want to eat pad thai..."

He pondered for a few minutes before opened his palm.

"Let's go around, then?"

(y/n) swears she could feel her cheeks getting warmer, and accepted his invitation by grabbing his hand.

They walked together, this time, hand in hand, around the city to find some good Thai restaurant. The sun's getting higher and it's getting warmer. She uses her hand to cover her eyes from the sunlight, almost bumping into people here and there.

"Are you okay?"

"Just, I can't take that sunlight... it sounds silly but I can't help it."

"Just wait here, okay? Don't go anywhere. I promise I'll be back."

She leaned to one of the store walls, waiting for Kita to come back. He disappeared into the crowd, which made her slightly scared being all alone. She rummaging through her bag to find a hair-tie, before making two french braids on the left and right.

He came back and she feels a weight on top of her and looked up to see Kita, placed a bucket hat on top of her head. He also wears a baseball cap as well.

"You look good wearing those cap."

"Thank you, Shinsuke. Anyway, did you buy this?"

"Yes. Just take it as a gift from me because you want to go on a date with me today."

She looks down, hiding her embarrassed face, and walks faster, almost slipping out his hand if he didn't grip it tighter.

"Don't run away."

"S-stop saying embarrassing things..."

"No promises."

They arrived at a small Thai restaurant, seeing people come in and out. After finding seats near the window, they waited for the orders and chatted a bit.

"Since I know you're a first-year, are you joining any clubs at your school?"

"Yeah. I'm in the English club; and oh! I'm also a manager of the volleyball club. That's very exciting!"

"Volleyball club, huh? If only you attended Inarizaki then I would love to see you as our manager as well."

"Then I have to see Miya twins again..."

"You know them? That's very surprising."

"They're my friends since middle school.."

It became a deep conversation between both of them. Their orders arrived forcing them to cut off the conversation to eat the food. After finishing the food, Kita pays for the food and they leave the place.

"How's your grandmother doing?"

"She's good, thank you for asking."

"Is it okay for her if you leave her alone?"

"She knows I'm going out with you today."

And, she's looking forward to my wedding with...you.

She spotted a sign which announced there's a food festival nearby and urged him to check it out together, carelessly look around until she bumped into someone.

"Ah, I apologize for-

Ayumi?"