28: alex the grandson

i woke up with a muscular arm wrapped around me. i slowly reached my hand over to my eyes and rubbed them.

i then unwrap calum's arm from me and slowly get up. i'm just in the shirt. i don't know what happened to calum's basketball shorts.

i get up to brush my teeth. then i remembered its downstairs in my suitcase.

"shit." i whisper to myself.

i pull my hair back and decide to go downstairs. i quietly open calum's door and once i meet the staircase, it brings back old memories.

memory lane:

on my way out, i bumped into someone i wanted to avoid.

"oh hey you."
"h-hi mike."
"last night, that was great."
"um, yeah."
"so, uh, wanna tell ashton we're dating or-"
"no no no no no."
"relax, i was kidding. but we're dating, right?"
"um. i'll think about it."
"great. um sorry for leaving that on your neck. i couldn't resist."
"whatever."

he looked down at the ground, smiling. (1d reference whoops) then when he looked back, he said those 3 words that scared the shit out of me.

"i love you."
"t-thanks."

he smiled and tried kissing me on the cheek, but i backed up and ran downstairs.

that was when me & michael first...yeah. he was my first time. and look how it ended up. (a/n: this is from chapter 11: pink matter.)

i took a deep breathe and quickly went downstairs. i found my suitcases in the living room. i quickly run to the one with my toothbrush, take it out, and try and run back upstairs.

until i meet up with someone.

"well well. what do we have here?"

"hi luke."

"didn't even bother saying hi to me yesterday? pretty bitchy."

"i'm sorry."

"i like your outfit. i think calum had the exact same thing."

i roll my eyes at him and try and walk past him but he stops me and pulls me into a side hug.

"luke let me go before michael sees me!" i say while having a giggle fit.

"hes not here," luke says chuckling.

"oh."

"he slept over at his girlfriends house."

"oh. he doesn't want to see me, obviously."

"it's not that, she's just really clingy."

"right."

i sigh and cover my face with my right hand. my lip started quivering and i just seat myself on the couch.

"oh c'mon sydney.."

i'm crying, and i don't want to look at luke.

"sydney, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have said anything."

i barely look up and see luke's blue eyes meeting mine. he's kneeling down and his hands are holding my one free hand.

"you know what's worse luke?"

"what?"

"we talked every night for 7 months straight. and he said the same thing at the end of every conversation."

"and that was?"

"i'll love you, forever."

i started chuckling in disbelief of how stupid i was.