25: i'm not the only one (s.p)

(song preference to i'm not the only one by sam smith)

you say i'm crazy
cause you don't think i know what you've done
but when you call me baby
i know i'm not the only one

michael's pov;

"you're crazy michael!" sydney yelled at me.

"just admit it! you. like. luke."

"i d-do not!"

"yeah right! that's why you never wanted to be with me in the first place!"

"michael, i don't like luke!"

ashton, luke, & calum are out right now. me and sydney stayed back at the house.

she just won't admit it. i saw her and luke smooching it up on the couch yesterday. like seriously, just admit it.

"michael, just stop it."

"stop what? stop trying to make you admit that you never actually liked me & that you've always had a thing for luke?"

"michael stop being such an asshole! i've never had feelings for luke!"

oh yeah, i forgot to tell you, i found her kissing luke last week too. 2 days after our argument.

"michael, baby, you just gotta believe me."

"i wonder if you call luke baby, too," i said under my breathe.

"w-what?"

"nothing."

"oh my god michaellll."

"sydneyyy."

"i d-don't like luke."

"mhm. like you didn't like calum, right?"

she scoffed and stood up. she walked away.  she's got a thing for luke. i've seen it.

you've been so unavailable
now sadly i know why
your heart is so unobtainable
even though lord knows you kept mine

"sydney, wanna hang out tonight?"

"uhh, i-i don't know."

"what are you busy?"

"uh, k-kinda?"

"oh my gaawd sydney. we just got here. how can you already be busy?"

"i just am, okay?"

"you've been busy for the past 4 nights! what's up with you?"

"nothing."

she gulped and walked away. i already know why she's "busy"...SHE'S BUSY WITH LUKE. remember when she used to be busy with me? great times..

literally, sydney's heart is all over the place. one day she likes calum, the next she's in love with me, and then she's all over luke.

she still has my heart though.

i have loved you for many years
maybe i am just not enough
you've made me realize my deepest fear
by lying and tearing us up

i've been in love with sydney since she first smiled at me in the hallway after she dropped her books. obviously i've liked other girls, dated other girls, but wow, sydney. i would've dropped those girls just for sydney.

but now i'm starting to feel like i'm not enough. the other guys are much better looking than me. luke especially. guess she's found someone better.

she kind of made me realize what i'm afraid of..losing her, other people that i love. thanks syd. that's sarcasm. duh. but it sucks that she had to lie and tear us apart for me to find out my biggest fear. gee, thanks syd.

a/n: this chapter is really short, i'm sorry. i've just been dying to do this preference. thanks! -mhemmo x