20: i'm yours

so i'm "calum's girlfriend" now who secretly loves michael, just to make joy happy.

if you guys are lost, here's a quick recap.

i'm in love with michael but me and calum are pretending to date to keep his mum happy, and nobody knows about that except me and michael.

today's the last day with our mums. and thankfully, the last day i pretend to be calum's girlfriend. calum probably thinks we're still going to be together, but no. we're not.

10:48 a.m.

everyone was upstairs, mum was packing along with the joy, liz, and karen.

"i'll be back with you in 2 months."

"we know mum."

"ashton, stop being so harsh with sydney. if she wants to date, then let her."

"but all they want to do is sleep with her!"

"well shes smart enough not to let that happen, right syd?"

"r-right."

i blink alot then go downstairs. as i sit on the couch i rub my eyes and exhale very deeply.

"sydney, are you alright?"

i turn around to find karen clifford standing behind me with a bottle of water in her hands.

"y-yeah. i'm fine."

"no you're not, whats wrong?"

"nothing karen, really."

"i've known you for 4 years. c'mon."

"*sigh* i-i just don't know about calum."

"do you like him alot?"

"um."

"i know, sydney."

"know what?"

"that you only became his girlfriend because of joy."

"yeah."

"joy didn't hate you. she just didn't think you and luke were a better couple than you and calum. she knows calum cheated. she just pretended to be happy when you agreed to being together."

"yeah?"

"yes. so you can go break up with calum tomorrow. just not right now."

"i-i know. thanks for telling me karen."

"no problem. by the way, michael's had a crush on you for who knows how long. i remember him telling me about this girl who he thought was really cute, but didn't think she'd ever like him back."

"and?"

"he told me her name was sydney. and when i met you, he was trying his best to keep you from talking to me."

"haha yeah i remember that. she has a throat infection we better go practice now."

"that was funny hahaha."

we laughed together for a moment then i looked at her and smiled.

"i'm just saying, you'd make michael really happy if you thought about."

"maybe, haha."

"it'd be nice to have you as a daughter in law one day."

"yeah."

she put her hand on my shoulder then smiled. she stood up and walked upstairs. fuck yes! i got karen's approval, and she knew all along!

i ran upstairs and into my room where my mum and ashton were amd jumped with joy.

"whats up with her?"

"i actually don't know. sydney what's wrong?"

"nothing's wrong!"

i quickly grabbed my phone and started heading for the stairs when i bumped into calum.

"oh, be careful babe."

"yeah yeah thanks."

"hey, hey, whats up?"

"what?"

"why are you so happy?"

"i don't know, i just am."

"wanna go downstairs?"

"thats where i was going."

"then i'll go with ya."

"okay."

we walked downstairs and i jumped over the back on the couch and landed perfectly on the the couch.

i take out my phone and am about to unlock my phone when calum grabs it out of my hands.

"why are you always on your phone?"

"hey, at least i'm not like luke."

"true."

he scoots closer and closer to me until i can feel his leg next to mine.

"yes?"

"we never get close to each other you know."

i scoot over so i'm farther away from him.

"c'mon sydney."

"calum stop."

"you know you like me, just admit it."

"i don't."

then i see michael standing behind calum. he's about to scare him until calum scoots in realllly close then michael clears his throat.

calum turns around slowly and then sighs when he realizes its michael.

"what?"

"what are you doing?"

"i'm with my girlfriend now leave me alone."

i quickly get up, grab my phone and go to the kitchen. michael follows.

"what was that about--"

"forget about it. just kiss me."

"we can't."

"okay. fine then."

i sit on the counter, on my phone and wait until i hear michael's phone buzz.

he looks at his phone and giggles then gets close to me.

"you suck?"

"you do."

"you know i wanna kiss you really badly right now. buuuut--"

"i get it. you can't."

"i'm sorry."

"yeah. me too."

i click my tongue as i look at michael. then i jump off the counter and walk upstairs into my room.

"everything okay?" asked my mum.

"everything's fine."

later that day, we dropped our mums off at the airport then drove back home.

around 3:52 a.m. i begin to text michael.

your mum told me about you..

a couple minutes later

new message from clifford <3

oh shit what'd she say.

i reply with nothing bad.

new message from clifford <3

break up with calum already. i want you to be mine.

i silently laugh to myself making sure i don't wake up ashton.

i already am.