27: what a welcome back

okay, so i've been in australia for the past 7. months. 7. MONTHS. WITHOUT. MICHAEL. ok so yeah they came home for christmas, but only for like 5 days. i only saw mike twice and his parents were there and they don't like me. they just...don't like me...

so, right now i'm on a plane on my way back to los angeles! where they're currently at. 6 hours down, couple more yo go!

~~~

i'm. right. in. front. of. the. house. ashton thinks i'm not coming until next week, and i can't wait to surprise him and the guys!

i'm walking up the steps right now...eek! my heart is racing, my palms are sweaty, i'm shaking!

i open the door slightly and the first thing i hear is calum's laugh. aw.

i tiptoe into the room where i hear the voices in. they're in the living room. i leave my bags at the door and slowly walk into the living room.

i quickly jump and make a big thump which makes them all quickly turn around.

"i'm ba--"

i quickly stop from what i'm saying. i'm not breathing. my heart just dropped to the floor.

the first thing i saw was calum, then ashton, then...michael. with a girl sitting on his lap. not a little one! a girl my age.

"s-sydney!" ashton quickly says and stands up.

i don't look at him. my eyes are locked with michael's. he quickly stood up once he saw me, letting the girl drop to the floor. i'm feelings woozy.

"sydney...y-you're back!" ashton says not even trying to sound happy.

"sadly," i say, taking my eyes off michael and onto the floor.

i have a huge lump in my throat. i'm trying my hardest not to cry.

"mikey! you dropped me!" i heard the girl say.

i grab my bags and drag them on the floor. i slowly take them upstairs, tears welling up in my eyes, making my vision foggy.

i heard ashton follow behind me. i get to my old room. it's different. messier, stinkier, god damn ashton.

"s-sorry sydney, i--"

"you know what? i'll check out a room at a hotel."

"sydney, you don't--"

i pick my bags up again and quickly run down the stairs running past the living room, trying not to show my tears to the guys. ashton followed.

"sydney--"

i slam the door open and go on the porch.

"sorry i just barged. see you soon." i say, crying in front of ashton. i don't care if ashton sees. (a/n: I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M CRYING WHILE WRITING THIS, I'M LISTENING TO SAD MUSIC AND I CAN'T)

i quickly run down the street and take out my phone to call an uber.

it picks me up and takes me to a hotel a couple miles away from the house.

i completely break down once i get to my room. i try to relax but it didn't work. i decide to take a shower. i leave my phone on my bed.

i took a half an hour shower. i cried again.

as i was getting dressed, i checked my phone.

15 missed calls from ashton.

not a surprise. i threw my phone back onto my bed and continue to get changed.