4: off limits

i slept over at ben's house that night. the next morning i came home to everyone in the living room, barely awake.

*closes door*

*ashton's eyes shoot open*

"sydney?!"

"...hi."

"mum, guys, she's here!"

they all woke up and their eyes widened at the sight of me.

"syd, over here, now."

"i'll just be up in my room if you need me."

and i ran upstairs as fast as i could. when i got to my room, i jumped onto the bed, and placed my face in my hands, waiting.

i heard the door open, and didn't bother looking up.

then the person lifted my head up, and it was the person i really didn't wanna see, michael.

"you okay, sydney?"

"get out of my room."

"listen, i only want you to listen."

i stood up and paced around my room, infuriated.

"does ashton know?"

"know what?"

"the amount of times you tried to kiss me?"

"no. nobody knows about that. and let's keep it that way, yeah?"

"fuck you. you told them i left, and all because i didn't wanna kiss you?"

"maybe i did. and i'm sorry about that."

"i would've been back before 12 if ashton hadn't texted me asking where i was. obviously only one person knew where i was going, and that was you. fuck you michael."

"sydney-"

"get out of my room."

i pushed him out of my room and closed the door. after a couple more minutes of pacing, ashton came into my room.

"sit down."

"oh great, another lecture."

"shut up and sit down."

i sat down on my bed and waiting for him to start yelling.

"sydney irwin, what the fuck were you thinking?!"

"i was thinking, that i haven't seen my boyfriend in a while and i've been dying to see him, but you guys obviously didn't let me!"

"and you couldn't have waited until the morning? it's our first day back and we wanted to spend it at home! what is your new boyfriend more important than your family?!"

i sighed really hard. he was right. i wasn't thinking.

"you're right. i'm sorry ash. i don't know why, i wanted to spend time with ben. we have 2 weeks here, that's plenty of time."

"yeah, but here's another question. why'd you sleep over there?!"

"because i knew if i came home you guys would've murdered me. so i wanted to wait until the morning so you guys could cool off."

"did you guys have sex?! did he touch you in any way?! are you still a virgin?!"

"no we didn't have sex! we were just kissing, and of course i'm still a virgin!"

"g-good. you better not sleep over there again."

"i know i won't."

"you have us worried sick! none of us would sleep."

"why didn't the guys sleep?"

"they were worried too!"

"why?"

"because we all love you, and we're relieved you're okay."

he kissed the top of my head and walked out of the room.

ugh. finally. the lectures are over! i face flopped onto my bed. after a couple minutes i was starting to fall asleep, until i felt someone slap my bum.

"what the-calum?"

"hey syd."

"why'd you do that?"

"couldn't miss the opportunity."

"screw you."

"ahh. well how was that douche ben?"

"he's not a douche, he's great."

"sure he is. so uh, did he, you know, take your vcard?"

"what?! no!"

"good, cause um, i was hoping i could be the one to do that."

and then he kissed me. out of the blue, out of nowhere, unexpectedly. he. kissed. me. and he continued kissing me until michael walked through the door.

"sydney, i'm-WHAT?!"

i pulled away and pushed calum.

"ashton!"

"michael!"

"wait until ashton hears about this!"

ashton quickly came into my room.

"what is it?"

"guess what i walked in on?"

ashton took a look at me, then at calum, then at michael, then he face palmed himself.

"fuckkkk! calum!"

he grabbed ashton and pulled him out of my room, but michael stayed. he waited until ashton walks away.

"so, you would kiss calum, but not me?!"

"he kissed me!"

"and you have a boyfriend!"

"he. kissed. me!"

"right, right. congrats mel. you officially fucked up our relationship."

"what relationship?! there's nothing going on between us!"

"you can continue thinking that scar, but you know the truth."

and he walked away.

after another lecture from ashton, the day was over.

it ended with: no touching the guys, breakup with ben, no relationships until after the tour is done, and if any of the guys try to kiss me, tell them i'm off limits.

great. now i have no boyfriend, no friends, and a pushy brother.