Resistant Likings

Flaming's POV

Well that was embarrassing.

You wiped your glasses with your paw only to smudge them more.
You stared through the layer of dirt at the little dorky cat in front of you, "T-thanks....."
He stared at you, his muddy brown eyes tinted with a fleck or brilliance. The light casting a shadow on his fur, illuminating other spots, the little dust particles flying around his silhouette. You stood in amazement, he was adorable, yet helpless and somewhere in your brain someone shouted at you telling you to protect him with all of your every being. Another, grimmer, yet more realistic and probably truer part of yourself said how this wasn't like you. You were Flaming Falls! No silly guy was going to make you lose your shit.
Foxy cleared his throat, "Guys?"
Bonnie giggled, "Foxy! Let them be!"
You shook your head, "Wow." Was all you could manage to say.
Ryan said nothing ,looking down at the floor, lost in thought. He mumbled something.
Foxy scooted closer to him, "What was that Matey?"
He mumbled again.
Foxy scratched his chest with his hook,"Fine then. Be that way."
Bonnie yawned, obviously bored, "C'mon! Let's go see Chica in the kitchen."
"Argh! Let's." Foxy agreed following Bonnie out of the room.
You stayed with Ryan, Foxy winking at you as he left the room. You stuck your tongue out at him.
"Hi Flaming." Ryan said, "How's your day going?"
You stared at him open mouthed, "Fine." You muttered.
He purred slowly standing up, walking towards the door.
"You comin'?" He asked flicking his tail in your face.
You nodded.