| I. Obanai x Reader| Tears for the Wedded [5/5] (AU)

"6.6% of the royalties, no further discussion, understood?"

"Understood Mr. Rogers. Happy to reach an agreement with you."

A laugh was released within one of the many lavish parlors of the Rengoku Estate, the melody not a joyful one, but somehow, not forced either.

"Oh wow it's actually selling well," whispered the chuckling writer with a smile, a sense of disbelief woven into her tone of voice. And with one of her legs dangling loosely off the chaise lounge whilst her arm was placed across her forehead, she almost looked to be one of the fainting ladies of the Victorian paintings, albeit less graceful.

Dropping a sugar-cube into the fresh cup of tea in his hand, Obanai peered over to the mumbling woman in endearing curiosity.

"You don't seem to be all that pleased with that though," he remarked, stirring the sugar into the cup of tea. "How come?"

"Oh no, no, trust me I am very pleased with it," she rebutted, finally sitting up straight in her seat. "It's just such a shock, I mean, I bought better clothes already but I still have some left with more to come it seems! I don't even know what to do with all this money now. Though I guess that sounds silly to you, considering it must be like pocket change..."

Unsure of how to reply to that last bit Obanai was about to just offer her tea instead, only to have his hand stop in motion as the young man realized something else.

"How about some new furnitures for your place?"

He didn't know how she took her tea, or if that she even likes it.

"No thanks," the woman dismissed carelessly, her hands reaching towards the table to pour out a cup for herself. "I have a bed and a place to write, and if I move my chair I can enjoy my meals on the table. What else can you say with a straight face is actually necessary?"

Too-sweet tea slid hot and burning down his throat and Obanai couldn't really counter, a part of him wanted to suggest a bookshelf but the woman had no books.

Well...

Might as well change that he supposed.

"Either way, congratulations," the young man spoke, getting up from his seat, watching with content as the writer's eyes would follow him as he walked up to her side. "To celebrate, how about I let you pick out any book you would like from my study?"

The woman choked on her tea at the young man's words, and after recovering she had looked at him with a face of utter awe and disbelief. Glee danced in her eyes and yet her face had refused to let out that pure and joyous smile it must have held in. Almost as if she never could have even dreamed of such a possibility where those muscles could be used for such a purposes.

"Shut your mouth unless you're joking," she spoke curtly.

"But I'm not," replied the man simply, amused by her reaction.

"Can I take all of them then?" She asked jestingly, the look of a fox present on her face.

"No," Obanai swiftly denied. "I won't hear the end of it, so restrain yourself if you please."