| T. Muichiro x Demon! Reader | Town of Rain

Where Muichiro is an adult demon slayer now. He acts a bit different tho since this is how I imagine him acting if he's had the time to mature.

• • •

There was once a little town that laid hidden in the mists.

It would rain there every day, and be it a light drizzle or outright pour, it had always prevented the sun from shining down. But the residents did not mind, they had stayed there for the abundant rain and the calming mists, the pleasant smell of petrichor they would often wake up to was dear to their hearts.

And the Mist Pillar Tokito Muichiro found himself taking quite the liking to the place and its strangeness.

Though there was another peculiarity the place held.

On the bridge that arched over a well-fed river, was a demon watching over everyone else. She would stand there for days just see the people of her town go by, always enjoying the rain with them under her worn-out umbrella.

The people knew of her of course, though none ever approached her. Generations went by and they told tales of her. They said she was the spirit of their town. A guardian who would always be with them, watching over them, bringing them her calming rain.

But in reality, she was just a peculiar demon who found solace in the rainy town and its people. She would greet them with care as they pass by, and always wear a gracious smile for the visitors, they were always her favorites after all.

She was beauty in the rain, an overseer of her town.

And Muichiro found himself taking quite the liking to her as well.

• • •

|| • Muichiro • ||

The rain met the well-worn ground and the carried umbrellas, singing their music in turn. I saw a light mist covering my surroundings, intriguing me as it often did by giving me so little while withholding so much.

In my serenity, I took in the sight before me, observing the few residents of the rainy town walking with their umbrella in hand. No one bumped into each other and no one was left out cold. It seemed that they knew I was a visitor, the children gave me lasting looks and the adults gave me welcoming waves. There were too many for me to return without looking like a clown so I just strolled along, deep in my thoughts.

Eventually, I came upon a bridge, and in my curiosity, I took a seat on a nearby bench to observe it. I noticed that the bridge was rather large, its size only made apparent by the small number of citizens occupying its space. But as I took a closer look at the people on the bridge I saw a pattern amongst them.

Every single one of them had offered some sort of acknowledgement to a specific woman who stood on the side of its center point. The highest point where she would peek through the coverings of her umbrella to see the citizens offering their greetings. I saw many nod or wave at her, took notice of how the parents would look in her direction and whisper down to their children in a hushed voice with a smile on their lips. Almost as if they were recounting a fairy tale.

I had brushed it off, simply thinking her just a rather popular woman in her town.

However, it was made apparent just how curious a person she was when I saw a couple offer prayers to her.