| T. Muichiro x Reader | Partners [1/4]

Requested by: Ameshitatabashi

Breathing Technique: Breath of Myth
Description: A breathing technique with a wide range of motions inspired by monsters and heroes of mythology around the world

• • •

| •You • |

One will often without fail find another whose skill and talents are unmatched with their own, their abilities far more superior in every aspect where if you catch even the slight glimpse of them your right eye ceases to hold anything but admiration and your left crippling envy. And yet despite this, my gaze could never leave Muichiro whenever he happen to pass by.

It had started out with a sideways glance and a lasting thought. A simple question of how I can improve myself to a level to compete his. But my admiration soon found itself accompanied by jealousy, it was suppressed of course, but it reared its head once every blue moon. Though those two feelings were not all that I bared; deep down I knew the reason why my head often paints him in my dreams was because I had a crush on him. It was surface level at the time I knew, but that has never stopped anyone before; and if they have, said people certainly regretted it.

'Maybe I should act on this silly crush,' I had thought once while observing Muichiro, it was one of his outside training sessions and I had to put aside mine today to see since they were rather rare.

A particularly strong swing echoed through the field and the force separated a leaf from its tree; I caught it my hands, smiling still as I took in Muichiro's motions as he recovered from his uneven footing caused by his own attack.

He was getting close to finishing developing his own form and yet here I was not even close to doing so...

The boy was one year younger than me and we were the same rank, despite it, I acknowledged that in terms of talent he was superior. With both of us being the very youngest of the Pillars I felt a sense of expectation to match his skill, an expectation I had placed upon myself but one I had desired to and will meet. That was a little promise I had made to myself, to be worthy as his equal; even if he would never acknowledge me in that curious world in his head.

I looked at the leaf in my hand once more and an idea struck, 'Perhaps I should invite him for company.' And for the next few moments I toyed with that idea in my head, it was a rather delicate idea. One that shattered immediately once I found his gaze meeting my own, I thought I had imagined it but another leaf fell. It obscured my vision for just a split second and I was half-convinced that I did but Muichiro's gaze still held mine only now he's so much closer.

I was not far from him in the first place but he never acknowledged my existence, much less taking even the slightest step towards me and my rapid heart. Thoughts rushed in my head and my eyes were still wide and oh how stupid I felt.

Eventually, I composed myself and closed my eyes, once I opened them I offered a small smile, "Yes, Tokito-San? Do you need anything?"

I had seen why some people never acted upon their interests...

Muichiro nodded, his face stoic as ever, "Yes, I want you to stop watching me train."

Blunt as ever...

"Instead, I would suggest that you partake in your own training since that would definitely be more useful to you in the future."