| T. Giyuu x Reader | Quiet (Asylum AU)

This was hella short lmao hope you don't mind

AU information-
Time: Unset but inspired by a romanticized gothic "Victorian England"

• • •

The sun was bright but the room seemed dark, there were screams muffled by the cold walls, but all seemed quiet in patient #332's warding.

Fainting chirps accompanied the streams of light passing through the window above Giyuu's head. And he could scarcely remember a time where he would stand on his bed to peek out of the glass only to see the vast sky he once lived under. But such a sky was no longer his to enjoy, no, a person such as him was condemned to some place else.

Sometimes purgatory, sometimes hell, never heaven, that was the asylum.

He had tried to remember why he was sent here, a place for the mad and insane. What had he done? He couldn't think of anything wrong with him, he was a quiet man who enjoyed sunset strolls and the sound of flowing water. He had few friends but-

He was a quiet man, nothing else. He was now in an asylum, what was there to question?

• • •

Giyuu Tomioka
Sex: Male
DoB: Unknown
Estimated Age: 21

Danger: 1/10
Common Behavior: Muteness
Must Avoid: Any and all large groups
Experience fits if exposed to more than 2 people at once, fits including screaming, twitching, and scratching to approachers. Evacuate if a fit starts.

Background:Went mad with grief after the death of two his adoptive siblings, family was deceased beforehand. Had wailed in the mountains for a fortnight before being secured. Has been mute ever since. Mental condition unknown at the moment.

The woman read over the document once more and took a deep breath. She stood outside the patient's door with a racing heart; after many words, even more pleas, and ten bottles of ink, she had finally gotten permission to personally interact with one of the patients. The one she was able to be assigned to was no dangerous killer (she would not be able to handle some of the more violent patients, no) but she was happy for the chance nonetheless.

Taking out a key, the woman turned the lock and with a click, she entered the room.

The windows were open, a faint breeze bringing the billowing white curtains to life and softening the rays of sunlight that lit the room.

On the bed was a young man, his pale face turned away from the doorway as if he hadn't even noticed the new presence. He looked indifferent, like he was asleep with his eyes open. But even so, his tense body told a different story.

The woman closed the door behind her and tentatively made her way towards the patient's bed. Sitting down on the bedside chair, she took a deep breath.

"Tomioka-San, I hope you won't mind but from now on I will be visiting you."

The man gave no reply, his face still turned away from the woman, his eyes focused on nothing but the billowing white curtains.

"If you do not wish for my presence you could always write down your wishes and I will no longer bother you. I've been told about your muteness so..." pausing her statement, the woman lifted up her messenger bag and sets it on her lap. Unzipping it, she reached in and took out a notebook, a bottle of ink, and a quill.