| T. Giyuu x Reader | First Friend (High School AU)

Requested by: _Azeire_
I'm sorry, this probably wasn't what you were expecting. Not that many harsh words.

• • •

|| 2nd Person ||

The loner, one can see them from a mile away. It could be be because of the fact that they're quite literally alone and separated from the group, or maybe because they look like the human personification of nihilism. But for Giyuu, even though he still fit the bill for all of the other descriptions, you noticed him because, and to be blunt here, because he was hot.

That and something about the sapphire blues of his eyes and the way he looks out the window, caught your eyes. But the real reason you found yourself falling for the loner from afar in your first year was because, though rarely, you would catch the moments where he would slip up in daily life and the way he reacts to it was adorable in your opinion.

Once in PE he had accidentally hit someone in the face with a ball and when the teacher had told him to apologize he just told the person that they can hit him too, though only once. He genuinely meant it too.

Needless to say, you had realized that the guy you had fallen for was not so much a cool lone wolf and was rather, an absolue dork.

Constant deadpan, no social skills, no friends either. The boy was helpless in high school when it comes to things outside of the classrooms and gym, but what's that anyway? You were determined to become his friend, teach a thing or two to him about the other inhabitants of this earth, but you do hope he keeps the deadpan.

Now if only you could find the right moment and reason...

But since that was too difficult you chose to approach him at random times with no reason instead.

"Tomioka-San!"

Said boy visibly slumped once he heard your voice calling out to him and didn't even turn around to see you, choosing instead to bluntly reply with a "What do you want now?"

Perking up visibly you fumbled around in your jacket pocket before eventually pulling out a pencil, "You dropped it!"

Looking at the pencil in your hand Giyuu's face contorted to one of confusion, "I didn't even drop a pencil."

"Uhhh."

That was the most easiest lie to be called out on, shame on you.

"You sure?"

The boy sighed in annoyance, "Yes, I'm sure. And I'm having PE next so why does it matter."

"We're having PE next Tomioka-San."

"But I thought-"

"My schedule changed!" You cut him off excitedly. "It'll be like last year!"

Overdramatic dread washed his features, "My only sense of peace...Has been ruined."

"Oh come on!" You shouted, wacking his back.

In truth, despite the way you, and arguably Giyuu too, spoke to each other, the two of you never truly befriended one another. The way you spoke is more akin to how two rather familiar strangers did. Safe ground for all, nothing gets tackled and no one really learns anything about the other person.